What Pedal is better a Boss mt-2 or a digitech death metal? I want somthing that has more balls than just my crapy amp.
The Boss is a bit better, but it's not all that great. Most pedals with "metal" in their name are pretty bad. Except the Line 6 Uber Metal, it's actually pretty good. My opinion, go with a Boss DS-1 or the Uber Metal. What kind of amp do you have?
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by Chimaira
The Boss is a bit better, but it's not all that great. Most pedals with "metal" in their name are pretty bad. Except the Line 6 Uber Metal, it's actually pretty good. My opinion, go with a Boss DS-1 or the Uber Metal. What kind of amp do you have?

Ahh thanks alot I have a warshburn baddog ministack
man...a lot of people don't realize this...but distortion pedals depend on your amp...they really do, when i tried out my boss mt-2 in the store on a fender amp it sounded allright but i knew i could get it better when i got it home and tried it on my rig

and it did sound great

and just a few days ago, when i used it over a clean xxx tube amp it sounded AMAZING!!! so distortion pedals really depend on your amp...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
yeah...that's a good choice...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by h25520062
Ahh thanks alot I have a warshburn baddog ministack

You should just get a new amp instead. Look at the Roland Cube series. It'll sound much better than your current amp, and it will do all kinds of metal. It's only a little bit more and you'll really love it.
Quote by GiantRaven
i had the digitech, its not any good, the Boss is FTW!! the line 6 sounds good, my friend uses it, and it sounds good .
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by Chimaira
You should just get a new amp instead. Look at the Roland Cube series. It'll sound much better than your current amp, and it will do all kinds of metal. It's only a little bit more and you'll really love it.

Roland Cube series thats the name of the amp or just the brand? I really need a new amp.
roland is the brand...but i don't really like the cubes

you should really just get a tube combo...you won't regret it
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Yes, a tube combo would be much better, but I don't think that he can afford one. That's why I reccomended the Cube. Since he was looking for a metal distortion pedal, I thought he would like it.

h25520062, What kind of music do you play?
Quote by GiantRaven
boss.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Well, if you want to give your amp more balls, then a cheap digital sounding pedal is not going to do it. I'd recommend looking at the Rocktron Silver Dragon. It's a nice distortion pedal that uses a 12AX7 tube to add some warm to it's tone. It also has a Solid-State circuit so you can get both SS and tube distortion tones. It's got a ton of gain and sounds great for metal. Here's a link with soun clips:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Silver-Dragon-Tube-Distortion-Pedal?sku=154239
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by nic_2090
Well, if you want to give your amp more balls, then a cheap digital sounding pedal is not going to do it. I'd recommend looking at the Rocktron Silver Dragon. It's a nice distortion pedal that uses a 12AX7 tube to add some warm to it's tone. It also has a Solid-State circuit so you can get both SS and tube distortion tones. It's got a ton of gain and sounds great for metal. Here's a link with soun clips:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Silver-Dragon-Tube-Distortion-Pedal?sku=154239

mmm sounds good i like it.

I play metallica, dream theator is what i need the pedal for but the amp alone is good for black sabbath and Led Zeppelin.
Last edited by h25520062 at Aug 6, 2006,