Hey, was just wondering if there are many diffrences in the woods of these guitars. On musiciansfriend, they say their both alder but would the American be of higher quality. And if so, woudl the tonal diffrences between the two guitars based entirely on quality of wood be noticeable? Basically, I really want to MOD a strat into a good high quality guitar, so is the Mexi a good guitar to start from then add to? Should this mebe be in gear & customising? sry

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
umm...i don't think there's much difference other than the prize. american made strats are just more expensive just cuz they're made in the u.s.. it's like when u buy nike merchandize: ur not paying for quality, ur just paying for the stupid little checkmark on the shoes.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I own 1 american strat and 1 mexican strat. In my mexican strat I put in a seymour duncan SH-8 invader humbucker and it sounds great. In my american strat I have texas special strat pickups and that too sounds great. The only big notice I see between the 2 is craftsmanship on the inside. The neck on my american strat is a lot smoother too. But for the price.... I'd get a mexican strat and beef it up with your choice of pickups. Hope this helps.
Sweeet guys thx, alright tho, if you say the craftsmaship on the american neck is better woudl it be possible to put a mexi body with an american neck?

Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Ya, I gotta back up the Mexican Strat. I have one that I have done a lot of work on and I love it to death. I put a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Duncan humbucker in it and a fixed bridge. It kicks ass.
Quote by evening_crow
umm...i don't think there's much difference other than the prize. american made strats are just more expensive just cuz they're made in the u.s.

Go play them both and then review what you've just said.

It's true that it is possible to find standard (MIM) strats that play as well as the MIA versions. But they're few and far between.

A quality MIA will be noticably better than a quality MIM strat.

That said, it's worth noting that MIM strats are excellent instrumants and are good value for money. If you're prepared to mod it yourself you can get yourself a great guitar at a great price.
wood quality (but thats not the big difference), neck/fret feel and finish, paint, electronics (thicker wires better shielding), pickups (noiseless- s1 switching), hardware (trem, tuners, guard weight)...

a good compromise are the MIM classic series, player's deluxe, anniversary series guitars.
made in mexico but better necks and pickups.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sweet thx for all the tips guys...

not really a tip, even though fender USA's are made in USA, the factory (Corona, california) and the mexican factory(ensenada, mexico) are really close, and i heard that the build quality is not so different if you conpare high-end mexican models with american models (american strat, tele and stuff)

oh, and i have a cyclone and it plays well. it sounds awesome with dimarzio pickups... probably theyre not so cheap like standard strats
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group