My friend recommended me this amp:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=481092&g=bass&page=3&rpp=10

I read a lot of the reviews and it seemed a lot of people had there speakers blown in the first two weeks. Now some of the reviews said that the key is to break in the speakers for a week or so before turning it up real loud. Looks like a sweet amp, and at a very affordable price. I'm thinking, if I got this is amp and kept the volume at a lower lever for a week or 2 to break in the speakers I will beable to casually turn it up with no problems. But im not totally sure.

advice?
im not sure if breaking in the speakers will help to much, but im no expert on bass amps. i would try that, just dont try to push it past its limits. that amp is meant for that.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
dont get it it's not a very good amp. waste of your money.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Electric-Blue-15180-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=485037

that one is descent, and its the same price. if you give us a price range and tell us what style of music you play, we can suggest some better choices.
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Last edited by RAGEING_BAD_@$$ at Aug 6, 2006,
IMO those behringer ultrabass really sound like guitar amps from a very bad quality. You will never get the same chest-punching sound with that as with say an ampeg stack!
well my price range is going to be around 500$ I'd like to get a head and cabinet, or a halfstack but most of those cost a little more then 500$. Ive always played rock. Stuff Like Killswitch Engage, As I lay Dying, and a7x. Ive never played anything else. I'm looking for a halfstack or a really really loud amp with some wattage on it so I can hook up some cabs. I only got a backline 112 right now, and its.. ok. It gets loud enough to where I can play with a song on my comp speakers without getting all distorted. But yeah what do u guys think i should get?
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Last edited by RAGEING_BAD_@$$ at Aug 6, 2006,