who do you guys think is the most overrated guitarist out there?? you know what i'm talking about...the guitarist everyone idolizes as being just the greatest guitarist out there but us musicians know that...they actually aren't that good and it sickens us

my friend and i all agree it's kurt cobain and slash...but like, what do you guys think?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
i agree it was kurt cobain but im sure anyone thsat ever been on UG knows this is one of the most over done threads here. delete it and use the search function
jimmy page
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Dublo7
Is that some kind of joke?

Are you?
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by dimebag_love
my friend and i all agree it's kurt cobain and slash...but like, what do you guys think?
Kurt's not really very highly rated as a guitarist, so he can't be OVER-rated. i'd agree on Slash tho, from a technical standpoint, he's not as good as people make him out to be. Hammett too - he's nothing on what he used to be. MoP area was his highpoint, ever since he walked off the breadline he's been slower and much more average.
It's not slash already! I used to think he was overrated, but now i think he's a really good balance between speed and slower stuff, and he did write the sweet child of mine solo, I'd say kurt cobain is usually, but he's not that rated, so i'd say... Probably the guy out of dragonforce or something - he's good, but he's still overrated.
Yes it is kurt cobain. That stupid 50 greatest guitarist thing ranked him near the top. Even over some amazing players like randy rhoads if I remember right. Just shows how overratted he is.
Quote by Oasisy Bob
It's not slash already! I used to think he was overrated, but now i think he's a really good balance between speed and slower stuff, and he did write the sweet child of mine solo, I'd say kurt cobain is usually, but he's not that rated, so i'd say... Probably the guy out of dragonforce or something - he's good, but he's still overrated.
which guy? Herman? asian guy with loooooong hair? technically he's amazing. i will let you off with saying he's over-rated if its because you feel he's too repetitive, or whatnot, but talent-wise....**** Off