Page 4 of 27
I just realized what an awesome song Child's Play is yesterday. Just felt like sharing
Quote by Alucard II
can you find any info on the sculpture? i had a brief search last night, couldnt find anything. im all intrigued now, haha

yeah, so am i.
the only thing i could find that mentioned it was the wikipedia article on heartwork, which has a brief section on the song and the sculpture. but i searched google and a bunch of other sites for more info, but couldn't find any
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by codswollip1
^I think Swansong is an ok album. Keep On Rotting is the best song on it imo.

Swansong is allright, but i still prefer their early albums...
It's just that one song that stood out completely and I found it awesome.
Yeah I agree their early stuff is better, I just think Swansong isn't as bad as people seem to think it is, probably just me though.
The only song I know by them is the one that Trivium ripped off pretty much note for note.
Its a cool song though I should be getting a CD soon.
If I remember rightly, 'Pull Harder' rips the drumbeat right from CJQ.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
If I remember rightly, 'Pull Harder' rips the drumbeat right from CJQ.

Not to mention the intro guitar part, with the chugging open notes, and the octave harmony immediately following. Even the vocals sound different.

I'd almost accuse Trivium of stealing it, but I don't think Matt Heafy has even heard of Carcass
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Matt Heafy is a more powerful foe than you give him credit for....

His knowledge of extreme metal (particularly black metal) is pretty damn deep.

Of course bearing this in mind, this means that all the riffs that sound similar to other songs are more than probably deliberate rip offs.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Matt Heafy is a more powerful foe than you give him credit for....

His knowledge of extreme metal (particularly black metal) is pretty damn deep.

Of course bearing this in mind, this means that all the riffs that sound similar to other songs are more than probably deliberate rip offs.

That's unpossible!
Not to mention ****ing CoB ripping off CJQ as well. The intro to Bodom Beach Terror is like note for note. Disgraceful.
I can't believe it took me this long to realise the awesomeness of Carcass... i have seen the light, and it is black, brooding, filled with heavy ****in harmony riffs that are melodic as angels nuts
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Quote by Sweetbabyjezuz
I can't believe it took me this long to realise the awesomeness of Carcass... i have seen the light, and it is black, brooding, filled with heavy ****in harmony riffs that are melodic as angels nuts

Yeah, Carcass is good, even though I only have their album Heartwork. You have really nice gear too.
Hah thx, yeah that's what i'm listening to right now. I've been an Arch Enemy fan for ages, and knew about Amott's previous band (Carcass) but just never gave any thought of it.

I happened to see Heartwork today at the used CD store and snapped up the copy, delicious.

and thx
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Ah yes, fuckin' Carcass.
I got all their albums and I must say that Symphonies of Sickness is their best.
Necroticisim is my favorite...however you spell it. Its an awesome record, haha the whole concept is different ways to dispose of bodies lol Carneous

Cacophony= Making Instruments

Corporal Jigsore Quandary= Making a jigsaw Puzzle

Inpropagation= Plant food

etc...lol Carcass was absolutely brilliant.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I didn't hear that much of heartwork... although I do find their earlier stuff great... My vocabulary was greatly challenged listening to necroticism....

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by Teh Forest King
Necroticisim is my favorite...however you spell it. Its an awesome record, haha the whole concept is different ways to dispose of bodies lol Carneous

Cacophony= Making Instruments

Corporal Jigsore Quandary= Making a jigsaw Puzzle

Inpropagation= Plant food

etc...lol Carcass was absolutely brilliant.

Yes they ****ing are, but you forgot Incarnated Solvent Abuse = Glue and Pedigree Butchery = Dog Food, which I think is amazing and hilarious, but my favorite on that record has to be either Incarnated Solvent Abuse or Lavaging Expectorate Of Lysergide Composition, but my all time favorite Carcass song is Death Certificate off the Heartwork record, Michael Amott's solo section...is godly!

BUMPING EPIC THREAD
So with the reunion and all...would they release another album? Or would that perhaps ruin the great reputation they have if it would be crappy.
^I actually wouldn't mind if they did this one off tour and then never do anything together. They have a big-enough quality back catalogue as it is.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
^I actually wouldn't mind if they did this one off tour and then never do anything together. They have a big-enough quality back catalogue as it is.

It would be such a shame if they reunited and made a new album just for the cash, then split up again.
Quote by Guitarmike123
It would be such a shame if they reunited and made a new album just for the cash, then split up again.

Yeah, that would suck. I just started listening to Carcass, like a month or two ago. Favorite song is Heartwork though. I haven't heard many songs though, I was gonna listen to more. BUT, my computer wasn't cooperating and still isn't.
actually in a recent interview with Jeff Walker they said that a new album is sort of out of the question:

Q: Mike said in his Close-Up interview that he didn't think it was "necessary" for CARCASS to write any new material in order to embark on a reunion tour and he implied that it would be a one-shot deal with no plans to make it into an active band again. Would you personally be open to the idea of recording a new CARCASS album if things went well with a reunion tour?

Jeff: No. Funnily, that's at odds with how him and Bill were talking last year — but in their defense they were getting carried away on a tide of renewed enthusiasm. I simply don't see what else there is to bring to what we already did. Our back catalogue consists of over eighty songs, five albums that all sound different. I'm sure the literally hundreds, if not thousands, of bands we've influenced since have covered anything we might possibly have missed, ha ha!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=220255645&blogID=320366339

the whole thing can be found here.
So I'm playing Heartwork, and barring those two eighth frets with the hammer-ons in the Interlude is, fairly difficult.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
Anyone like Aborted's version of Carnal Forge?
My band: Iconic Vivisect

Quote by madbasslover
I think what we can all take away from this is that people should be allowed to listen to whatever they want to as long as we're all the same religion.
I don't think their going to make another album... apparently in a interview with Micheal Amott he said the other guys where all supprised that he was still in a metal band (Arch Enemy) which they all sort of didn't like...
What CD do you reccomend me to get for someone who doesn't think they've ever heard this band haha.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
What CD do you reccomend me to get for someone who doesn't think they've ever heard this band haha.

Necroticism Descanting The Insalubrious, IMO their best work.
Quote by Guitarmike123

that and heartwork, by far my fav. album by them...
Quote by Guitarmike123

Agreed, It encompasses every thing through out their career.
Agreed. Symphonies of Sickness is a masterpiece
It was so ****ing heavy for it's time as well.
Exhume To Consume!
Carcass is reuniting! First tour back together is Wacken 08 right?
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
"Ravaged disassembly, neatly cubed and diced"

Best gore line ever. I love the dark humour they have.

I'd swing for Bill Steer too.
Censored artwork for Symphonies of Sickness sucks
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.