Page 5 of 27
heartwork kinda fails to impress me for the most part

my fav songs off of it are

heartwork and death certificate, i really like that intro riff lol

incarnated solvent abuse is prob my fav song by them though...

from swansong i only really like polarized <_<
Buried Dreams is a stupidly underrated song. You listen to those first 10 seconds and you know Heartwork is going to be an awesome album.
for some goddamn reason i remember there being this riff at the beginning of death certificate but i looked at a tab and its just chords, then the lead and stuff while said riff is way later on the song :S!!!!!
Every song on Heartwork is win. A lot of the people that I know that like new Arch Enemy have no idea that Michael Amott was in Carcass (they usually haven't even heard of the band). I think it's obvious the chick from AE tries to mimic WALKER's vocals to an extent.
Last edited by Dust_and_Guilt at Apr 12, 2008,
hm maybe, in the end hers are deeper lol, but uh steers are quite more clear and raspy

hm I just notice dthe riff I was talking about was righ tafter the lead haha

I must stick by "heartwork is okay"... as far as Heartwork and Death Certificate go, they're kewl, Incarnated Solvent Abuse r still mah fave
Nossie, Steer contributed the guttural vocals... like in Corporeal Jigsore Quandary and Incarnate Solvent Abuse, man. Walker did the main vocals.
Quote by webbtje
Nossie, Steer contributed the guttural vocals... like in Corporeal Jigsore Quandary and Incarnate Solvent Abuse, man. Walker did the main vocals.

I thought they meant lead vocals.

Also, I meant snigger... Bloody censorship.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
^

S******. Bill Steer was the guitarist, not the vocalist.

S******.

Sorry, I could only remember two names from the Heartwork lineup, lol.
pscht I cant think straight no sleep I need to return to a normal sleep cycle, but oh well, there goes my high horse and possible credibility, thanks for the additional facts, web, saved my ass -not now -

Mother****er haha, I just saw "lead, Steer" fawk

wtf is that massive ******** with the S at the beginning anyway lol

well anyway, replace Walker into Steer in what I said XD, k well i guess my question was answeredz0r alreadeh
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Apr 12, 2008,
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
^

S******. Bill Steer was the guitarist, not the vocalist.

S******.

Bill Steer did those fucking disgustingly good gutterals on the first 3 albums. Jesus I love hearing them, especially in the intro to Exhume To Consume.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Someone explain to me why the fuck they're not touring in England. Specifically, why they're not going to Bloodstock, or something similar... or even headlining some shows.
Quote by Robchappers
I just did a gig with Bill Steer from Carcass in his new band Firebird, they were excellent!! Check em out on Myspace.

Carcass > Firebird.
Quote by webbtje
Carcass > Firebird.

seconded
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Back to my original question: why aren't they touring on our side of the Channel
New remastered version of Necroticism coming out, with documentary dvd.. might have to pick this up.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
New remastered version of Necroticism coming out, with documentary dvd.. might have to pick this up.

Woah... I'll be jumping on that.
Quote by Stranglehold

I need to get it. But I fear that they might ruin the original with the remastering if it's done badly.
Although it doesn't matter since I have it on vinyl, spinning at this moment
Yeah, but the problem I've heard with remasters is that they get out of hand. "ZOmg letz remake everythingzorz111!"
Minimalism is the key.
Yeah, just make it sound good and that's good enough for me. A bit of mixing would be cool, couple of live tracks would be awesome.
More live CArcass would be great. If I remember correctly they have some compilations and bootlegs. But they suffer from crappy recording quality.
Quote by Stranglehold

definitely something to check out. been listening to this album a lot lately
Quote by Guitarmike123
Yeah, but the problem I've heard with remasters is that they get out of hand. "ZOmg letz remake everythingzorz111!"
Minimalism is the key.

Im looking forward to it mainly due to the fact that it will probably be available in a shop near me, I dont have that album

And going on the internet with just a 3v card to buy things takes effort.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Just got the new CD, I haven't listened to the album through proper speakers yet so I can't really tell how different the remaster is.

The DVD is good though, well worth the £10 it cost.
As in Necroticism?

If they have it in Zavvi/HMV, then that would be mighty convenient.
Yeah, Necroticism.

Listening to it now through speakers, it sounds better but not that much, the original was well produced anyway in my opinion.
If you got it without having to search too much, I'll love you... was it in one of the shops or did you order?

And don't lie to me, I'm watching you
Quote by Guitarmike123
Can you buy the DVD separately? Because I don't want the album, only the dvd.

Just buy them both lol, it's only £10 on amazon.co.uk.