fiztech
3,408 IQ
Im finding my rg450 a little close bunched for my fat fingers. i like the narrow neck just not the width. im also over the tuning of the lotrs. im really after a string through with great sustain with a wide yet slim neck. but something with a modern rock shape, ie not a strat, more schecter like.

any ideas?
fu man chu
Banned
240 IQ
umm how bout a shecter? crazy thougth there i know but yeah they have pretty wide(but not thick) necks or mabey look at a jackson of some sort i dont have fat fingers but i like wider necks also better for bending and they just feel nicer in my hand i dunno
Cocnut Rag
UG Newbie
133 IQ
what about a les paul

they have big necks
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
fiztech
3,408 IQ
just the shape of les paul not for me.

i luv look of schecter but ppl keep telling me how they suck in comparison to ibanez.

i cant get in store to play one unfortunately.

i want something strings low to the neck as well.

i play mostly rock, blues and want to start playing a bit of jazz, which is where i thoguht the semi hollow of the schecter would be way better than by ibanez.
Cheesepuff
i <3 you
2,386 IQ
How about something with a wizard neck. They're all about the wide and slim stuff.
fiztech
3,408 IQ
mine is a wizard i thought, i dont like it.
Dardarian
*insert witty remark here
1,298 IQ
Try to look for a guitar that has XJ frets, those are quite big. A lot of Ibanez and Dean guitars have XJ frets but still a very flat neck.
fiztech
3,408 IQ
so is my ibanez rg450 wizard an xj neck?
thesimo
shredasaurus (for real)
538 IQ
the coheed and cambria singer has really fat hands and he can play on an Explorer of somekind.
kt_guitarist
john petrucci wannabee
468 IQ
like i said watch yngwie malsteen he plays like hell on a scalloped fender. all it takes is some extra determination and practice. i'dd say
dertjoe
251 IQ
Gibson, Fender, Esp, and Schecter all have jumbo frets
Dirk Gently
Exorcising my angels
1,234 IQ
Quote by XiXora
prs - wide & thin, the only way

x2. I have big hands with not slim fingers (although they're not really fat - size 12 ring finger or so) and I find PRS necks very comfortable.

Quote by dertjoe
Gibson, Fender, Esp, and Schecter all have jumbo frets

That has to do with fret wire size, not nut width or fretboard space.
Hi, I'm Peter