I'm talking about John Frusciante of course...how does he play like he does. I guess what I really mean is what kind of chords does he use to get his really cool funky sound that he also kinda makes into a lead part. Him and Henry Garza (Los Lonely Boys) are both really good at this it seems and yet I know nothing about how to do it. Please send me help.
theres no telling how John Frusciante sounds as great as he does, but i saw this video a while ago of him playing under the bridge and he plays some of his bar chords a different way and it sounds great! but i think he just has a lot of tricks up his sleeve, most of which we are gona have to figure out for ourselves...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
He likes you play his chord upside down. Read the interview in Total Guitar or was it Guitar Player....? Try both. He tells a lot about his techniques and stuff like that.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
funky chords sound brighter, try rather than say, playing Amaj like 577655, try just xxx655 or rather than an e shaped barre chord try a d shaped chord like either
x x 7 9 10 x
or x x x 9 10 9

but yeh, that kinda thing, try different shaped barre chords
Quote by Muppet
He likes you play his chord upside down. Read the interview in Total Guitar or was it Guitar Player....? Try both. He tells a lot about his techniques and stuff like that.

Its Total Guitar, I read it a while ago..

What he does is use chord inversions, which is putting the 3rd or 5th of a chord in the bass instead of the root note and so indeed kind of creating an "upside-down" chord like muppet said.. Google chord inversions and you should find some website that explains it in more detail..