My second recording, I have been playing for about 3 years now, I also have bullovard of broken dreams somewhere too, ill upload that soon, I use the tremlo effect on that, that I dont think any one else has used here in a greenday song.

Any way crit please :-)

Right Click Save Target As, or you can just click it but it takes a little while to load

http://ventoffsteam.com/Ross/greenday.mp3
For 3 years playing it is fairly poor control with the palm muting. Your timing needs a bit of work as well as the chord changes because your fingers can beheard moving.
Quote by AndyGray
For 3 years playing it is fairly poor control with the palm muting. Your timing needs a bit of work as well as the chord changes because your fingers can beheard moving.

Your palm mutings a little weak and your timings a bit off in parts but its not a major disaster, and as for the three years comment by the guy above, ive been playing for 7 and sometimes i make mistakes and go out of time or you can hear the pick or my fingers on the strings in recordings. People learn quicker when they know its okay to make mistakes.

Keep it up buddy, everything just takes practise

crit for crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407497
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
yea i get you, but it is hard palm muting an trying to play that fast in the intro, i mean i can do it for a while but then i loose momentum, i dunno if any one else gets this?
umm wasnt all that good. it would be better with a backing track. 3 years of playing and this is fast for you? this song is by no means fast, at any point, but thats just my opinion. for your next recording, try to concentrate on cleaning it up. get ride of random string noises and such. and try adding bass, if you can, that will really fill out the sound.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
Quote by headfest88
umm wasnt all that good. it would be better with a backing track. 3 years of playing and this is fast for you? this song is by no means fast, at any point, but thats just my opinion. for your next recording, try to concentrate on cleaning it up. get ride of random string noises and such. and try adding bass, if you can, that will really fill out the sound.

It's fairly fast palm muting. I know what he's saying. I used to have a problem palm muting with all downstrokes fast. It cramped my wrist and I would mess up. It takes a while to get it down right.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
that was just ok, but like the others said, you need to control the release of the mutes in the intro. in the recording, the releasing does sound a littl spontaneous at times, but youll get the hang of it. keep practicing