so i was adjusting my truss and i accidentally striped the part where u put the allen wrench, i kno i am retarded, but anyways, does anyone kno how much this would cost to have fixed or any ideas on how to fix it
mike
If you feel like spending a little bit of money....http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for:_Truss_rods/Truss_Rod_Rescue_Kit.html

But otherwise I would guess you want to remove the fretboard, take out the truss rod, and then put the whole thing back together again.

I would wait to do it though, someone around here might have a better way to do it.

EDIT: How did you strip it? That must have take a lot of effort.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
i striped i think bc i used a metric instead of a standard allen, one fits a little tighter i guess, that is wut someone told me, idk i was doin something i wasn't positivly sure on how to adjust it and tried it, so i guess u learn from mistakes
mike
thats gunna be a problem, its basically almost a circle, i really f'd it up, is there a tool that is designed to get striped things like that out??
mike
and one more thing, how do u get it out, u just keep unscrewing it till it pops off, that won't mess anyhting on the guitar either rite??
mike
It may, but when you put the new one on you can just correct whatever wrong happened. Thats the beauty of a truss rod.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
erm, if its that screwed it might need drilling, where a small drill bit is used to drill the core of the bolt out, this would have to be done by a pro or it could seriously go tits up, before you resort to this, try and get it out by all means neccisarry, without damaging anything else, be careful and take your time

try and get a steel replacement if you can... aluminium sounds like its too soft