I want a little practice amp around 10 watts or less with loads of gain just for messin around with, Anyone got any ideas?
Roland Microcube
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
Quote by JStone233
Roland Microcube

i dunno if that's what you want cause you want something with a lot of gain, and that amp does not have that much gain. Unless you have a distortion pedal i would probably look for something else. although the clean is very good on a microcube.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Roland Microcube, Nevermind the guy who said it has not alot of gain. It will do metal easily.
Quote by Pieter-Jan
zvex nano-head with mxr 10-band, it works for me!

oooh, sweet! Do you have one of these Pieter-Jan? If so, how do you like it? I'm dying to try one.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Gutch220
Vox Pathfinder 10

I wouldn't say it has loads of gain. or at least, loads of good-sounding gain. It's best at classic rock and lighter, in my opinion.

I second the microcube, unless you're willing to go boutique with your price range.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
but we're talking about little 10w room amps. your not going to get anything special out of these amps
Hey...

If you're looking for a small amp with a good metal sound, then you should definitely consider the Line 6 Spider II, or the new Spider III coming out. They come as small as 15w and they're perfect for playing metal. I own a 75 watt one and it's great for playing any sort of metal... old, new, "nu", you name it. You can even get a good Slash tone if you roll back the gain. It also comes packed with features like flange/chorus, reverb, tremolo, a bunch of echos... and a noise gate, which is important.

For the size/price it's the best out there. My friend owns a vox modeling amp and it's a piece of ****... trust me, I love my metal.
Quote by Gutch220
but we're talking about little 10w room amps. your not going to get anything special out of these amps

the microcube owns the pathfinder for metal. I know, i have a pathfinder.

and you will, if you're willing to go boutique, but I suspect the threadstarter isn't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
"Trust me, I love my metal" yeah okay, so do I but I dont go and choose a line 6. The spider 3 will be even worse than previous two
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
^no

I don't have a nano head - YET, but it's been ordered, but I've played it at different store's with all the pedals I use, and I totally love it, if you crank it you'll really get a big smile on your face, and with some EQ pedal's it's really possible to do alot!
threadstarter u can also pick up an epi 5W tube head for $99. hook it up to ur cab, add a pedal and go nuts.

edit: out of the small practice amps, id pick the micro cube for metal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 6, 2006,
Quote by StuC
"Trust me, I love my metal" yeah okay, so do I but I dont go and choose a line 6. The spider 3 will be even worse than previous two

I will admit that the spider has a crappy clean tone and a crappy pretty much everything else. However, the green insane channel (which is all i ever use) is pretty decent and allows you to get a fairly good metal tone without doing too much work. It's also fairly versatile if you roll back the gain a bit.

If metal is really all you want to play then I'd say go for it.. Spider II or III.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.