We're playing at a party soon, and have been asked to play 4 or 5 songs. The ones we've chosen are:

Bat Country (with the start of To End The Rapture replacing the crappy intro)
Walk
Enter Sandman
Master Of Puppets

If we get an encore, we're planning to play Fuel. Opinions on the order? Should I be changed around a bit?
i'd put Enter sandman as last/encore, but it depends on the audience really. who are you playing to?
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Local scene kids, they mostly listen to ****ty FOB type stuff. I put Sandman before Puppets because they lead into each other nicely. Suppose Fuel would as well though.
See if that's the case, i'm wondering weather they'd stick around to hear the entire MOP song- wheras Enter sandman is very well known and popular, so would be a good ending song, and if they call for an encore, you can stroke your ego for a bit and do MOP
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I forgot to mention: we're skipping out the slow harmony section of MOP, to keep the length down. People got bored last time we played it in full
hm....if you're gunna cut it, then what about skipping say, the last verse instead? ending on the solo would be great, and i always felt the last verse kinda dragged on a bit after the high point of the solo.
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
I would switch it to:
Bat Country (key D, up tempo, crowd should know it because it's been on the radio)
Master of Puppets (key E, and since the first song should end on D it'll make a natural progression, the Metallica songs should be seperated)
Walk (key D, slower tempo than other songs so it should be in the middle)
Enter Sandman (key E, most well known song so it should be over well)

I hope remembered the correct keys for the songs! However, I never play two songs in the same key right in a row because they may sound similar since they are in the same key. So this way you avoid that problem. I also think that given your small set number playing two songs by the same band is overkill but it's probably too late to change that now. Maybe that's a tip for the future.

I hope I helped you.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.