Can Anyone that knows of this band tell me why they are classified as black metal? They sound more hardcorish to me
If they sound more hardcorish, then you may wanna post this in the hardcore forum. I've never actually heard them myself, though the guy who mentioned them said they were thrash....who knows?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
In fact, they belong in the mighty thrash thread. I would not call them hardcore at all and most certainly not BM.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
They are a mix of Melodic Thrash and Heavy Metal in my opinion. Not hardcore and definently not black metal...

and on topic, their latest album is amazing.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Well thats what ive heard from some people, I thought they werent black metal but who knows, if the vocals were more death like do you think they could be labeled as melodeath?

And Unlimited is a great album, is that the one your refering too
Yea if the vocals were different they could potentially be considered melodeath. And yea it was Unlimited I was referring to.
I would say they have more of a doom feel then Black Metal
Great band none the less. I got my hands on all their albums and it was money well spend.
They are definetly not hardcore, and definetly not BM. The BM tag comes from the vocals on the earlier albums (i.e. Predominance).

I have Predominance, Unlimited, and Vindication. Vindication was meh, but Predominance and Unlimited own.
I quite like Vindication, sure it was in quite a different direction as far as the atmosphere goes, but as a whole was quite a good record very refreshing. I would say the band was trying to make a nice ballance between "melo death/old school doom/thrash" and in most cases I think it served justice to the idea. It's alot more catchier as well, the song structure has changed and as a whole the album is quite different then the previous two.
^Previous two? Vindication was only their second album, unless you are counting their demo. Unlimited was the third (and best) album.
I always thought Vindication came out after Unlimited.. meh..nevermind
Quote by las7
I quite like Vindication, sure it was in quite a different direction as far as the atmosphere goes, but as a whole was quite a good record very refreshing. I would say the band was trying to make a nice ballance between "melo death/old school doom/thrash" and in most cases I think it served justice to the idea. It's alot more catchier as well, the song structure has changed and as a whole the album is quite different then the previous two.

I thought Vindication sounded like a Drowning Pool album, but that's just me. Maybe I need to give it another shot.
Can't say that I agree especially not knowing what a Drowning Pool album sounds like
Quote by las7
Can't say that I agree especially not knowing what a Drowning Pool album sounds like

I may lose some credibility in this forum for saying this, but for a nu-metal album, Sinner was pretty good.

Some of the songs on Vindication were okay, but some of them (Bounty Hunter comes to mind) remind of bands like Drowning Pool and Soil.
As I mentioned in the Rec. thread, the BM influence can be heard most clearly on the Earlier Material. Not to mention that the band is composed of Ex-BM artists.

Anyways, I really enjoy this band. I have Unlimited, and Predominace and they own.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Quote by Scourge441
I may lose some credibility in this forum for saying this, but for a nu-metal album, Sinner was pretty good.

Some of the songs on Vindication were okay, but some of them (Bounty Hunter comes to mind) remind of bands like Drowning Pool and Soil.

Ahh right ,about Soil I do agree that vocally Susperia doest sound quite like them in the clean vox parts. But then again to me Vindication does not sound as generic & simplistic in the song structure as Soil.
Man im addicted to them now, expecially Unlimited and the song Home Sweet Hell
It's very catchy indeed I saw a video by them of the Bitter Men and that's what got me into them very catchy stuff.
Yea when I first got Unlimited it was all I listened to for about a month straight.