I'm starting to learn the guitar, i already have a crappy acoustic which is really showing its age but i'm looking to get an electric.

Anyone got any advice for the best around the £200 mark?
If you need an amp with it, the Epiphone Les Paul Special II player's pack is quite good, in my opinion, as a starting electric. That runs about 200, US. Which is somewhere in the neighborhood of a 100 pounds, or so, I believe.
if you're going for metal, i'd recommend an LTD EC-50 or Viper-50. i have the EC, it's a great guitar. as for the viper, it's the same, but the neck is quite heavy.

hoped that helped.
Ibanez RG321 - If you're into the metal thing.

Squier 51 (Anyone who tells you this is a crap guitar just needs to be shot.) - Very versatile little number, awesome for the price, blues - heavy rock

Squier Standard Stratocaster - If you want the more classic type thing, blues - classic rock, stay away from squier bullets and the affinity series

Yamaha Pacifica 112 - One of my personal favs. Very versatile, feels wonderfull, sounds wondefull, probably stretch to metal.

Epiphone G400 - It's a bit chubby, but it's great for classic rock, looks good too.

Squier Deluxe Strat - Awesome guitar, IMO it's better than the low end Fender MIM Strats.

Also amp is important.
Vox AD15VT or a Roland Cube 30, Maybe Micro Cube. Epiphone Valve Junior (Not very versatile but great all tube tone, 5w for a tube is quite loud. It's good for pedals.), Epi Valve Special if you can afford it, more controls than the junior.
You're probably gonna need alittle extra cash.
Last edited by beckyjc at Aug 6, 2006,
Get a roland cube amp, they're good and cheap, and for guitar, dont get a squier, yes some may be good but you say anything about you playing a squier people will rip you to shreds, ibanez are good, yamaha, epiphone are the ones i suggest most though
assuming you already have an amp, a lag matt design jet 100. www.lagguitars.co.uk

EDIT: for hard rock, shred and metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dont get a squier, yes some may be good but you say anything about you playing a squier people will rip you to shreds

Well they're obviously morons. Caring what a moron thinks of you or your guitar makes you stupid too.
These people probably have some hideous crap B.C. Rich or a Gibby but all they can play is the smoke on the water riff.
I dont suggest a squier anyway :p

but it is true that if you get insulted for your playing and equipment it makes you think bad of yourself=less playing