I decided to change the strings on my yamaha pacifica. I also decided to change them from 9s to 11s. I asked the guy in the shop and he said Id be fine. Put them on and the bridge came up with the extra tension, I was going to just tighten it up, but was looking around and was reading that I might need to make adjustments to the truss rod or my bridge could be pulled out of shape on some guitars.

I was just wondering if my bridge could get bent and how i would be able to tell if it was going to before it was too late, as I dont have £40 to get my guitar shop to set it up.

Any help would be appreciated.
Put an extra spring in the back of the bridge or tighten up the screws in there.

nice pic.

but i suggest u change the strings one at a time and maybe tighten the screws in the trem cavity if the bridge lifts a little.
if u still need more help keeping it level add a spring.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
nice pic.

It's actually one of yours, I spotted it in the sticky thread up there ^^^^

Hope you don't mind, just trying to help.

LAF, yeah i know. and no i dont mind. u've been a big help today.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Thanks for your help, but im not too concerned with the bridge, although, where do you get the springs from and how much are they?

My main concern is if making the change is going to damage my neck or not and weather or not ill need to adjust the truss rod.

Cheers
well any time u put heavier strings on a guitar u change the bend a little.

after u level the bridge, IF ur having additional problems like high action, or fret buzz, then u need to look at the neck .
ur neck should be fine. if u think u have a problem, just repost.

and u can buy tremolo springs at stewmac.com, music123.com, musiciansfriend.com, and most guitar centers. they should cost a couple dollars each.

http://www.guitarpartsusa.com/item--Guitar-Tremolo-springs-3-pkg--PROD106
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62