3 8%
marshall mg100dfx combo
4 11%
marshall jcm 2000 dsl401 combo
23 61%
peavey valveking 112/212
2 5%
Voters: 38.
ok well im looking at a new amp and i have decided between these 6 i play rocknroll from metallica-norman greenbaum i have 2 pedals behringer overdrive and distortion and rp50 also must be gig worthy and around 400-600 if anyother suggestions
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
Last edited by rockintill2 at Aug 6, 2006,
Don't know your budget, but Yorkville is putting out a all tube three independent channel 100W head /half-stack combo that is getting hot reviews everywhere. Better than Mesa Triple Rect. but like 2/3 the price.
im gonna say the DSL 401 is best for what you listed
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
aye, out of what you've listed, the dsl, but you might also want to look into a traynor ycv50blue.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Depending on where you're located, the Marshall DSL401 and Traynor YCV50 Blue are both worth looking into. The Marshall is a better value in the UK and the Traynor is a better value (and IMO, a better amp) in North America.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
how much is the dsl401 usually (Canadian$)
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
^ (EDIT: to nic) aye, basically. The traynor is about twice what the dsl401 costs here, so unfortunately here, you're almost into boutique territory at the traynor's price. Obviously in the states, where it's pretty good value (and the marshall is poor value), it's a much more attractive proposition.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
THE MG!!!!
MG'S RULE!!!
i voted MG
but i say get the fender.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by rockintill2
how much is the dsl401 usually (Canadian$)

Umm.....the DSL is around $1000 Cad. Trust me, it's not a good value at all. If you live in Canda (like I do), then the Traynor YCV50 Blue is the amp you'll want to invest in. They go for usually around $800 Cad (I got mine for $775+tax). Here's a link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075
Quote by danzig-_-
THE MG!!!!
MG'S RULE!!!
i voted MG
but i say get the fender.

Go bugger yourself and your mother with some hungry rottweilers.
Hey, I voted the fender, but that was before I saw you wanted to play metallica. Get rid of the behringer pedal, it'll do no good to your sound.

That marshall combo is probably the way to go, aaand like most other people said, the traynor amps really rock!
The DSL isnt even in the same league as all of those! lmao! (save for maybe the Fender and the Peavey)
Quote by d_byrne23
can the traynor do metal good? with a boost?

yes
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Quote by d_byrne23
can the traynor do metal good? with a boost?

Yes, the Traynor can do metal with a boost. I can get some decent metal tones boosting my YCV50 with a Boss SD1. The only problem is that the rythym tone is really crunchy for metal (although, it has a ton of gain). Of course, that's only a result of using that particular pedal (something like a Tubescreamer would give a warmer and more natural boost). Although, the SD1 gives a great boost for lead tones.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
The DSL isnt even in the same league as all of those! lmao! (save for maybe the Fender and the Peavey)

yeah and some still even voted for the .... Vox vt? ehhh, pull your socks up ladies something aint quite right about that.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone