I guess I understand the major scale, but how do I know if two or three notes are played on the pacific string?
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Well, I don't understand exactly what you are saying, but I remember when I first learned the Major scale and it's modes I played the C and D notes or coupled the G and A notes as well, like for C Major, but then I started playing three notes per string or throw in four notes on one string so that you can switch into another modal position or however you want to do that.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
So you don't have to play a pacific amout of notes in a scale?
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
number 1....knock it off with the pacific thing.....

number 2..... it doesnt matter how many notes you play that are in the scale, it matters whether the notes you play are in the scale.

~timepheonix
specific*....pacific is an ocean
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
No, you don't have to play any specific notes on specific strings... try working out 2 note per string and 3 note per string patterns - you'll be using the same notes, just in different locations - I recently wrote up the regular blues scale in a 3 note per string pattern and it's amazing how the different placement of notes can change the overall sound.
wow, you make the whole thread look completely pointless thanks to the whole pacific thing. but you can play the note anywhere on the fretboard as long as it fits into the scale.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!