How does a stratocaster pickup selector work? They are three pickups so what's up with the five way selector?
Bridge - Bridge & Middle - Middle - Middle & Neck - Neck = 5
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
yeah free is right.

am i the only one that rarely uses his middle pickup? im not sure of the advantage of it or its real purpose
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
Quote by JET116
am i the only one that rarely uses his middle pickup? im not sure of the advantage of it or its real purpose

QFT. I use bridge all the time, sometimes neck on clean
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
I use it occassionally, especially for clean stuff. I like how it's a little brighter than the neck, but not as treble heavy as the bridge pup. I use it sometimes for a nice smooth lead tone, with a little more bite than the neck. I have to say though, my strat is the only guitar I really use the middle pickup in.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I really like the middle pup, it has a cool funky tone. Jimi Hendrix was a big fan of the middle pickup as well.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I usually am on neck-mid, sometimes just mid for more soloish stuff that I need a little more clarity for. I'll use the bridge with some drive for any harder soloing.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I love the middle position. For some reasy it just sounds nice a creamy for me...mmmm
Middle pup is designed to give a twangy tone IIRC
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
So on a strat when the switch is facing the ground, the neck pup is activated?
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
^ That's the bridge pup.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by YouWantToKillME
How does a stratocaster pickup selector work? They are three pickups so what's up with the five way selector?
The Strat selector was originaly a 3 way switch, in the early 60s we found that by getting the switch halfway between eithwer 1-2, 2-3 it put the pickups out of phase hence the unique sound, it was so popular that it was fitted as standard later.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn