Page 1 of 2
There isn't much info on their website. Are they custom made to your specs guitars? Do they make acoustics? Archtops?

I read a review of one in Guitar Wank-off For the Masturbating Musician and they pretty much pissed on it for pro or semi pro applications.

But I get the feeling the attitude here is a bit different. Tell me about them.
They only make electrics to my knowadge, but for the money there better then any other for the money.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
People tend to recommend them over Epiphones.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
yeah. For the money a 99 dollar agile is about asgood as a 250 dollar epi

I was going to get one but I decided to spend a bit more for a guitar I could play. I didn't feel comfortable buying a guitar I've never played before.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by zekk
yeah. For the money a 99 dollar agile is about asgood as a 250 dollar epi

But an 250¤ is often crap, but a 300¤ Agile is said (haven tried, they aitn sold here) is apperntly on par iwth 500¤ Epis.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by McDuffie
I read a review of one in Guitar Wank-off For the Masturbating Musician and they pretty much pissed on it for pro or semi pro applications.

I wouldn't recommend taking anything any guitar magazine (well most... there might be some good ones out there IDK) seriously. Most of them tend to give good reviews only to companies who give them cash for a good review.

I heard on these forums that some magazines gave marshall mg's amazing reviews. And since Rondo is not really in the financial position of marshall they don't have loads of cash to give them for a great review.

There great guitars though. I own one and love it.
Hai UG!
To my knowledge Agile guitars are considered better than Epiphone guitars since A) You are not being over charged and B) Unlike the Epi Les Pauls (excluding the plain top) they are solid Mahogany with maple tops as opposed to Epi's Mahogany/Alder sandwhich with the maple top.
The magazine probably wanted some money for advertising, Agile said no, so they gave them a **** review. The make electrics and acoustics, and other things like mandolins etc.
I hear that their mandolins and rondo's SX basses are very good aswell.

EDIT: Hey... this is my 400th post, alright.
Hai UG!
i wouldnt be caught with one. no sir. "lol wtf is that? a les paul knock off? your so poor"
Quote by McLeet
i wouldnt be caught with one. no sir. "lol wtf is that? a les paul knock off? your so poor"

You really care what other people think about your gear, even if its good? Your pathetic. I'd rather get a 500 dollar Agile les paul knock off then a 900 dollar Epi Les Paul knock ff.

I wonder if Agile makes expensive guitars, let say $1000-2000 range. I would be awesome if they do and their $1000-2000 just as good as anyother 2000-4000 guitars.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by McLeet

*sigh* seriously like zekk said "I'd rather get a 500 dollar Agile les paul knock off then a 900 dollar Epi Les Paul knock off."
Hai UG!
I'd say that it's better to pay more to get a guitar that you've played and like, than to order one you hear is good.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
From my knowledge, the quality starts exceeding epiphone in the 3000 and 3500 series. Of the Les Paul copies, anyways.
High as tits
just go to their website to see if they make acoustics and electrics...its got a section for each.

great quality guitars, and ridiculously affordable. Yes buy one.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
If you're looking for a good starter guitar, the AL2000 would probably be a great instrument for the price, although I couldn't really recommend that for any more serious playing. The 2500 and 2800, while still technically starter guitars, are actually pretty decent and with some upgrades, can make ok intermediate guitars. They also make great backup guitars.

The real quality starts when you hit the 3000 models. These are made with quality woods, better attention to detail, better hardware and electronics, etc.. They're just all around better guitars and are easily suited for intermediate to semi-pro. Give these puppies an upgrade with new pickups and hardware (at least on the 3000 models) and you have a guitar that will stand its own against instruments costing over twice the price.

Despite my stable of "better" guitars including 2 custom shop guitars, my Agile is still my main guitar.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by your_mom1992
To my knowledge Agile guitars are considered better than Epiphone guitars since A) You are not being over charged and B) Unlike the Epi Les Pauls (excluding the plain top) they are solid Mahogany with maple tops as opposed to Epi's Mahogany/Alder sandwhich with the maple top.

Agiles do not have maple tops. The only Agile (LP) with a maple top is the AL-3500. All of the others have 1/16" veneers on top of solid (I doubt it) carved mahogany bodies. Not much like LP's in my opinions. Of course you're not getting overcharged, you're getting what you pay for (i.e. junk!). If you're going to blow 550 on a guitar, get a decent, reliable guitar, or save up for something better! It's simple.

Agiles are junk, and are pretty much on par with guitars being put out from China, Japan, etc, etc. You can search for my opinions on them, i've posted all the issues I had with them a while back.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AlGeeEater
Agiles do not have maple tops. The only Agile (LP) with a maple top is the AL-3500. All of the others have 1/16" veneers on top of solid (I doubt it) carved mahogany bodies. Not much like LP's in my opinions. Of course you're not getting overcharged, you're getting what you pay for (i.e. junk!). If you're going to blow 550 on a guitar, get a decent, reliable guitar, or save up for something better! It's simple.

Agiles are junk, and are pretty much on par with guitars being put out from China, Japan, etc, etc. You can search for my opinions on them, i've posted all the issues I had with them a while back.

Chris

Always the Agile basher this one is... you firggin' luthiers and your insanely high standards LOL.

All I care about is that my strat copy is great and better then most (on par with some, except they never stay in tune) MIM Fenders.

I was looking forward to your review on the PRS copies... but you got banned and I forgot. Did you end up trying them? Did you like it at all? (probably a stupid question lol)

EDIT: some of the AL-2000's say they have a flame maple top... how do you know the don't have real maple (flame) tops? I'm not trying to be a sarcastic ass or anything, I would really like to know. Seems to me like the only way to find out would be to cut in it half or something... but I'm no luthier so I could be wrong.
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Aug 6, 2006,
http://www.rondomusic.net/alspec.html

Never got around to trying the PRS ripoffs. I probaly should head over to Rondo soon
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Ohh ok, so the "1/16 ones are veneers, and the "3/4 ones are tops I guess then... right?

But flame tops don't really do that much to the sound anyways... it's all for looks.
Hai UG!
Correct, the 1/16" have veneers, the 3/4" & 1/16" has a plain maple (hard maple) top, while true LP's have flamed maple (pacific maple, soft maple, western maple) tops. Most figured maple is generally 'pacific maple' while plain maple is generally hard maple. The two woods DO have tonal differences.

Veneers don't do much for sound, they're just looks. Real tops do a lot for sound & tone.
I heard different... like they do have some tonal distinctions but not very noticeable differences. But I'll take your word for it Algee, you know a lot more about this stuff then I do. But anyways, I've never liked LP other then how they look.
Hai UG!
Quote by AlGeeEater

Chris

# Solid mahogany (not a multi-ply!) arch top body
# High quality Book-Matched Flame Canadian Maple Top (100% real wood top-not a photo top!)
# Triple bound body, and headstock. Single binding on neck.
# Improved Nickel plate hardware, including Nickel die-cast Grover tuners with 18-1 turning ratio for ultra fine tuning (Model 102-18N)
# Two Type V Alnico humbucker pickups for warm, tradional sound
# The AL-3100 comes with improved wiring (single conductor braided 18 gauge American wire for pickups), improved pots (now higher voltage with brass shafts for reduced noise) and an improved pickup selector switch
# Two volume and two tone controls, plus a three way pickup selector switch
# One piece Mahogany set neck with 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play and adjustable truss rod
# Ebony fretboard with 22 Jumbo frets and real Mother-Of-Pearl Trapezodial inlays
# The AL-3100 features GHS strings installed at the factory and a professionally cut bone nut
# A pre-cut graphite nut is also included in the bag with the trus rod adjuster for those who prefer graphite
# Individually hand filed frets for professional feel and playability
# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 21st fret: 2 3/16"
# Neck taper/thickness at the 1st fret: 21.5 mm; at the 12th fret: 23.5mm
# Overall length: 40"; Scale length: 24.7"
# Body thickness: 2" at edge; Width at the widest point: 13"
# Bridge pole spacing is 3", and the Tail piece pole spacing is 3 1/4"
# Actual Weight is only 10 lbs

That doesn't sound like junk to me.

There's nothing really special to me about those specs. 370 bucks for a 'solid' mahogany body, with a flamed maple veneer, 'Grover' tuners, & 'hand' filed frets.
Quote by AlGeeEater
There's nothing really special to me about those specs. 370 bucks for a 'solid' mahogany body, with a flamed maple veneer, 'Grover' tuners, & 'hand' filed frets.

Chances are they are what they say. Your just being as ass because people proving you wrong.

'What they say' is marketing. i.e. twisting words around to make something seem appealing and great, when it's not the truth.

AL-2000 'specs'
"Real Flame Maple top and single cutaway solid Mahogany arch top body"
According to this , the AL-2000 really is a 3 piece mahogany body, and has a 1/16" veneer. Tops are generally 1/4"-3/4". Not to mention it's b-grade (low quality) veneer. Cheap!

"Grover Die Cast tuners"
The site says Grover 102-18C, which means they're cheap knockoffs

"Made in Korea"
That speaks for itself.

So uhm, where'd you prove me wrong again? How many Agile LP's have you played? Do you even own one? Now who's being the ass?

Chris
Actually "Solid Mahogany" and "2 Piece Center Jointed". So you were wrong. Go **** your self man.

Hey, hey come on now lets keep this civil... it's been easy going for a while lets keep it that way. No need for name calling.

But considering the price it's a good deal. And it has more features then that Algee... come on man I understand you trying to prove your point bu come on man. It has pretty much the same features as an Epi and it's considerably less.
Hai UG!
And ya know another thing? its AA grade you ****tard. If you lie and then give a link to the truth, people will find out.

^
Jeez man... you can prove your point without being a jerk. You'll come off less childish that way.
Hai UG!
Rondo may undercut the competition, but they do not produce quality instruments.

And the specs they list are so funny it's almost ludicrous.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
I'll take a Les Paul Ultra over ANY Agile, ANY day. Ultra's have real maple tops, chambered mahogany body, rock maple neck with satin finish & excellent hardware for 500 bucks. Gets nothing but great reviews, it's a guitar you can actually go to a store and play, and it's solid. No Agile will ever beat that.

Zekk, read what my post said, 'AL-2000'. Learn to read, then attempt to flame me. AL-2000, 3 piece body, B grade veneer, shoddy tuners, and crap fretwork. Relax man, mad you're getting proved wrong?

Chris
^ why are Grover 102-18C cheap knockoffs?

Quote by StaggHound
Rondo may undercut the competition, but they do not produce quality instruments.

And the specs they list are so funny it's almost ludicrous.

In my experience neither does Epiphone... and I own both Epi and an Agile.
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Aug 6, 2006,
Well comparing an Ultra to a compleatly diffrent level of instrument is dumb. For the money, there better then anything.

Quote by zekk
Well comparing an Ultra to a compleatly diffrent level of instrument is dumb. For the money, there better then anything.

But how is saying that all Agile ripoffs are better than Epiphones? It's comparing the same exact thing.
Quote by AlGeeEater
But how is saying that all Agile ripoffs are better than Epiphones? It's comparing the same exact thing.

I don't think anyone has said that in this entire thread.

For the price of an Epi you can get a AL-3500 which is probably (not sure, never tried one, but I hear their amazing) a lot better then an Epi.
Hai UG!
Quote by MuffinMan
People tend to recommend them over Epiphones.

Everyone says Agiles > Epiphones, so? Zekk himself said it.
Page 1 of 2