Okay, I have GuitarPORT, which is a computer module that my guitar plugs into, it has it's own amp effects, etc. It's made by line 6, now I can record from the Sound Recorder on my pc, but in GuitarPRO, the tab software, I can't get it to tab what I play, I wanted to know if anyone knew how to do this or not, I setup the input so that guitarport is what it's suppose to read but, still not working when I click the button for sound input.
Well, why would guitarpro put a sound input setup in the program if it wasn't capable to?

PICTURES ADDED

The Midi input dropdown, shows GuitarPort, but it doesn't show it in the picture because I currently have guitarport unplugged from my pc.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1059/inputsetupwj1.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9141/inputactionyp6.jpg

I click on the Midi input active option, then i start to play, it doesn't capture any notes, I try playing without any effects, with effects, with it in tuner mode, still doesn't capture it so I don't know if it's something I'm not doing, or if I have to have a different setup for it.
Last edited by [ubv]Joe at Aug 6, 2006,
Yeah...thats not possible with that. There's no way for the computer(yet) to figure out exactly what your doing on the guitar. Sorry but no dice.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Then how can i record notes with the input built into guitarpro?

What's the whole purpose of guitarpro's input then if I can't do that?
[quote="'[ubv"]Joe']Then how can i record notes with the input built into guitarpro?

What's the whole purpose of guitarpro's input then if I can't do that?

to play along with a tab for practice?
Yes, but, why would GuitarPRO have the input, if you can't have it record/tab out your playings? The whole part of the input was to record i thought.

Don't say that the input feature is pointless:

Can I connect a MIDI instrument (keyboard, guitar) and see the score I play? YES
Guitar Pro 5 now supports MIDI Input.

Right on the FAQ of guitarpros website, except it doesn't explain how. I'm gonna try and mess with my sound setup.
Last edited by [ubv]Joe at Aug 6, 2006,
its for the guitar tuner
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

No, The input is to also convert the playing you do into a gp format. Obviously no one knows how to do this.
you're an idiot. it's either for a keyboard, midi guitar, or a guitar which has a 1700$ roland Gk midi pickup + Synthesizer
Quote by 2doorsdown
you're an idiot. it's either for a keyboard, midi guitar, or a guitar which has a 1700$ roland Gk midi pickup + Synthesizer

May be a little harsh in the wording but he's right. Current technology is just not fast/accurate enough to be able to write a tab on pitch from a sound input alone, it needs to be told the note info by a MIDI device.
Okay, glad some people are actually not being pricks about it.

So, If I buy a MIDI device, what software would I need, for it to tab music, it doesn't matter if it's in tab form, or something like guitarpro.
I've got an Akai LPK25 midi keyboard, what more do I need for it to record my playing? Because right now, I have checked "MIDI Input Active" and I can find it in the audio settings (USB Audio Device), but it won't record what I play. I'm thinking I probably need some kind of audio software for the keyboard, do you guys have any recommendations?

Edit: A quick restart of the computer enabled the recording, but I'd still like recommendations
Last edited by Erra93 at Jun 22, 2011,