Page 1 of 2
hey i think it would be cool if we could all say what we can do with our calouses, i can leave them on top of a stove on high temperature for 20 seconds )))
I don't have any after 1 1/2 years of playing.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
after 3 or 4 fingerpricks at the doctor's office they still couldn't get enough blood for a hemoglobin test and had to get it out of my arm. the last fingerprick thing they used looked like a razorblade too, it still didn't work.
After a while your callouses will go away. There still there just not as nasty looking as when you first start. One time I took a week off when I went to Mexico and from all the swimming My callouses dissappeared. When I came home and started playing for 2 hours a day They got HUGE.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
After almost 3 years of playing I have never gotten more than some blisters and some minor callouses that go away
Quote by Slash Jr.
Forgive me for asking this but what is a dirty sanchez??

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
bahahahahahahahaha nice find ForbiddenDonut. you're my man...
Quote by vantage4
after 3 or 4 fingerpricks at the doctor's office they still couldn't get enough blood for a hemoglobin test and had to get it out of my arm. the last fingerprick thing they used looked like a razorblade too, it still didn't work.

The same happened to me

In highshcool we were doing some lab experiment in which it required blood, so the teacher says that one of the members of the team (we were in teams of four) had to be fingerpricked for blood, and guess who got lucky to do that? god**m pussies of my team, so here comes the teacher and pinches my left hand finger with some kind of needle....nothing comes out, he pinches it again and nothing and he looks at me like I'm f*cking controling my blood to not come out, he pinches a third time and nothing so he gets angry and points to one of the 3 pussies of my team and he gets blood from him
Quote by Dave_Mc
Aw, dammit, I thought this was about the "half-naked chicks giveaway" with the pictures of guitars...

Quote by guitarphillip
what the hell you have 3 guitars and yet you dont know how to do power chords may god have mercy on your soul.
Last edited by Firzen at Aug 6, 2006,
The year that I played acoustic I had pretty strong calluses. But now, it's been a year that I play electric and my calluses diminished a lot.
whenever i microwave something and the plate is too hot, i usually just hold it with myfingertips and it is just fine lol
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
haha that's funny that i'm not the only one. my brother and the nurse were getting kind of pissed at me too, like it was my fault, i was just sitting there laughing at the whole thing.
mine get quite thick n then start peeling off so i have to pick them off cause it annoys me, the it hurts when i play, so i cant really do much with them
i can get a toothpick to stick in them fora good minute without falling out or hurting
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by yeovil4eva
mine get quite thick n then start peeling off so i have to pick them off cause it annoys me, the it hurts when i play, so i cant really do much with them

People give me strange looks when I ask if their fingertips ever peel from playing guitar,
good to know that I'm not the only one! Lotion doesn't even work.. I'm just hoping that they will eventually smooth over, haha.
I play clean strings so i don't have aligator fingers.

Callouses will peel when you play dirty strings with lots of particles on them. Clean strings will give you solid, but smooth fingers.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
damn funky, you rich sucker....., always replacing strings. Sissy boy ROFL LOL!

How about disadvantages!!!???

like me, i cant pick up a damn quarter or nickel, or a dime when it falls on a solid floor or i cant put a coke can at all. it so difficult!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
are your callouses peeling, or are they just popping? cuz even though callouses are strong, they will pop like a blister if you over work them. doesnt hurt, but you kind of have to start over with them.

whenever i finish making a cup of tea and the handle gets too hot, ill grab it with my fingertips and carry it to the table. i try not to do anything too destructive like poke my callouses with needles, etc. so they dont break and make me have to start over making them.
I grabbed a pan once.
It moderately hurt.
I touched an auto sander for a second or two once, that was ugly. Tore them up pretty bad...
I dont think mine are all that thick, And the middle, ring and pinky are wayyy thicker then my first finger for some reason.
I have right hand callouses too.
Partially from tapping, partially from acoustic fingerpicking.
Play some heavy guage acoustics, They build up really fast then. I play thirteens, thinking of getting 14's soon. It sounnds soooo good on an acoustic. 10's on my electrics though : ).
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
we're all emo. "yay! i make callouses on my own fingertips and they are so ****ing cool!!!" haha

played for 5 years and no callouses for me.
Quote by nospacesallowed
I'm sorry, I'm English, what's a callouse ?

A really tough spot of skin similar to what hard working men get on the palm of their hands right at the base of their fingers.
Quote by Funky P
I play clean strings so i don't have aligator fingers.

Callouses will peel when you play dirty strings with lots of particles on them. Clean strings will give you solid, but smooth fingers.

I play on clean strings. At least that is what I assume, as I see no discoloring or crust build up.. I have never had a problem with that (I keep my hands clean and they dont sweat while i play) and I do change my strings. Hm..

I never heard that before But thanks, I'll try to remember that.

Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
are your callouses peeling, or are they just popping? cuz even though callouses are strong, they will pop like a blister if you over work them. doesnt hurt, but you kind of have to start over with them.

It could be that they are popping, thanks. I never thought of that. I actually just got done using a file on my nails and decided to file over my callouses. It seemed to work, smoothed them out well.
I have HUGE calluses which is probably attributed to my use of .012 gauge strings. Thanks a bunch Stevie Ray.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

try this, hold a needle with your thumb and index finger, try to bend it in half, can anyone do it
I love the compass jab. I can't get it in the skin, but I can apply decent pressure without pain, which passes hours in maths lessons.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
I don't get calluses any more, they kinda melted into my fingertips, I just have really leathery fingertips on my left now. I briefly got calluses again when I started playing acoustic, but they've faded too, now. I just have tough fingers.

However, on the rare occasions when I pick up a bass, if I pluck it for even ten minutes solid, I get blisters on my right hand fingertips...probably wouldn't happen if I played more fingerpicking on guitar.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by evolutionised
we're all emo. "yay! i make callouses on my own fingertips and they are so ****ing cool!!!" haha

played for 5 years and no callouses for me.

I thought i didn't have callouses until i got sliced while constantly doing this solo with this bend and it sliced about half a centimetre into my skin without any blood, like i opened up the wound and there was just that much skin underneath it.

Toughest callouses on my middle finger because it's the one i use to execute bends.
Marty
My callouses are so thick....

...That I can't come up with a clever saying.

I do have some pretty intense callouses though.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

My mom was jst pulling weeds and one huge stalk had thorns that drew blood through gloves, I was able to take it out bare handed without even feeling it.
Dickless.
im diabetic, im meant to do blood tests on my fingers at least twice a day. its friggin impossible. the hospital hates me. however, i tend to find it quite useful to be able to...erm... *mumbles something about illegal drug use*. my stoner friends love me
I stopped the atomic bomb from spreading to China while giving Russia the middle finger.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
i can scrape my finger and still be fine.

the pad from my tuba on my shouder is kinda cool. i can hit it with a baseball bat and it dont hurt. so my friend, tests this, and it dont hurt, so he hits his shoulder, and he couldnt use his arm. that was funny.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
i had callouses for the first few months then they wen't bye bye

i haven't been playing for the past week since i left my guitar at my friends house and they won't anwer the phone so i can't go back and get it so my callouses might come back
Quote by Vornik
Observe how when the original target of the flamings flees the scene, bleeding from the ego, the UGer will often target other predators out of shere instinctual need to h8 da n00bz.
Quote by malakian_rocks
The year that I played acoustic I had pretty strong calluses. But now, it's been a year that I play electric and my calluses diminished a lot.

Same
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
my fingertips on my left hand are about twice as tall as my right hand. and since i'm quite skinny, i have what you call alien fingers on my left hand...the tip is kinda fatter than the last little joint in your finger... you build up huge calluses if you do a lot of sliding and doing octaves on guitars with large frets.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2