I have a crate amp and it always has way to much feedback. I've tried every possible place to play but whether it's really close to the amp or really far away, the feedback's still always bad. I even tried putting everything as low as it could go and it's still bad feedback. Anyone know what the problem is?
are you running anything between your guitar and your amp?
Signatures are overrated.
its probably your cord that happened to me when i got my vox
then i just went out and bought a monster cable, problem solved
i know theyre expensive bt theyre the absolute best cables there are youll never need a new cable no matter wheat becasue it has an unlimited warantee; if you went up to the guy in the store and cut it in half w/ a pair of scissors hed have to give you a new 1
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Maybe try a noise supressor. They work pretty good but imo its kind of a last resort thing.
I'll try the monster cable and if that doesn't work the noise supressor. I was running a bad monkey pedal but it's the same without it. When I say without it I don't mean without it on. I mean without it even connected. Thanks guys
If you have your gain over 8 or 9, turn it down.

Too much treble can contribute too.

So

Lots of treble + Lots of gain = feedback

If this doesn't work and your feedback is a very high pitched squeal, you may have microphonic pickups on your guitar. In that case, you should take the guitar to a shop to have the pickups looked at, or just change them.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
If you have your gain over 8 or 9, turn it down.

Too much treble can contribute too.

So

Lots of treble + Lots of gain = feedback

If this doesn't work and your feedback is a very high pitched squeal, you may have microphonic pickups on your guitar. In that case, you should take the guitar to a shop to have the pickups looked at, or just change them.

Well, like I said I put the gain as low as it could go and it was still bad but I do always put the treble very high. Could that be the problem?