Looking for a good guitar, to be used by a novice electric player ( about 6 months of electric, acoustic for nearly three years). I was hoping for something in the $300 - 400 price range, and I don't need an amp with it. I'm not really interested in a starter pack, or anything like that. Any suggestions?
either punch her out with a brick......

or just talk normally to her....then punch her out with a brick

your call.

lol whoever wore the coat was like 'wtf??? this coat smells like humping!'
Last edited by AcousticManMan at Aug 6, 2006,
i wish people would screw off with the Agile things... does any one even have one??? i wouldnt lay a figer on them
i agree w/ mcleet
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Jackson JS30's are awesome. you can get a v, warrior, RR or kelly.. They are 300 on MF
what kind of music do you play?
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Either of you two played them. Either play them of shut the **** up.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
well i think you are both wrong. They are not the best guitars in the world but for a novice they are an unbelieveably excellent and good quality starting place and dont cost very much. Theyre even good up to intermediate. I would buy one if i lived in america, but I'd have to get it shipped.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Last edited by J.MitMetallica at Aug 6, 2006,
how about an epiphone les paul? they are good for the price. also, depending on your type of music you may want a standard strat. what kind of music do you play?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=518341&c_tid=topseller
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (w/EMG 81/85)
Peavey XXL > Behringer 4x12 w/Jensens
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Phase 90 (r28 mod)
Boss TU-2
For starters, you should let the guitar choose you. You could go to a site like musiciansfriend.com and search the guitars in your price range, then go to your local shop and test drive the ones you found in your range. Ibanez, Jackson and Ephiphone all have great guitars in that range.
I've been looking at an Ibanez SZ320 lately. Is it worth the price? Any opinions on it? I tooled around with it in a local shop, and it seems great.
either punch her out with a brick......

or just talk normally to her....then punch her out with a brick

your call.

lol whoever wore the coat was like 'wtf??? this coat smells like humping!'
I would suggest a MIM strat. They are good for the money and very versatile.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by AcousticManMan
I've been looking at an Ibanez SZ320 lately. Is it worth the price? Any opinions on it? I tooled around with it in a local shop, and it seems great.

Not a novice guitar per se, it will last you for a long time and it will accomodate increasing skill, should you get one. The quality is great and the features aren't lacking either.

It's not the cheapest choice, but in my opinion it's worth the price.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!