Yeah i have one.

Perhaps read some of the other threads, theyre not there for nothing.

But some valve combo which no doubt 10 people say
What sound do you want?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by MEGALODON
im looking for a goof halfstack that is about $600 USD

any suggestions?

There aren't any. Name a good reason for getting a halfstack.They are not any louder than a good combo in that price range, a tube combo would sound better, and be more portable.
i too am in the market and came across this

its a great amp, i already own a crate 120 watt combo with the flexwave thingy and it does sound like a tube, don't listen to all the other tube fanboys out there, they are all gona tell u to get a tube combo, regardless of the question u ask. its a good amp for the money, i'm getting one
No halfstack under $1000 is worth buying.

THere's quite a few decent combos in that price range, but you need to post some details on what you want.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
No halfstack under $1000 is worth buying.

THere's quite a few decent combos in that price range, but you need to post some details on what you want.

your opinion, that is
Well its more than my opinion that crate makes a crappy halftack.

mediocre head, combined with awful cabs do not equate to a good halfstack.

Even in the solid state catagory, they still make mediocre sound amps aswell.

Last edited by Funky P at Aug 6, 2006,
what exactly is wrong with it, i no a couple bands that use it and i think they are fine, have u even used one? i'm not saying i don't like tube amps, its just the fact that if i'm goin to spend that much money i'd want a stack instead of a small combo, it sounds like the thread starter is in the same boat....dick...
I've used just about every Crate amp within his price range, even some tube ones. Also including the one you posted.

Trust me for the money he can get soo many better sounding amps.

I got to play around with a GT1200H I got in a trade from a friend for a vintage 80's DS-1. I gave it back to him, and it's sitting in his closet. The resale value on them is peanuts. Maybe his was just old and beat or something, but it had a really fizzy muddy distortion. I could only get a sub par, farty loose metal tone. Cleans were meh. It's not even as good as the GTX or GLX series, the spring reverb supposedly changes the circuit somehow in Flexwave. Even guys I know that are huge fans of Crate will tell you the GT1200 is a POS. Crate does make some decent amps, that's not one of them however.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by bluehawk15620
i too am in the market and came across this

its a great amp, i already own a crate 120 watt combo with the flexwave thingy and it does sound like a tube, don't listen to all the other tube fanboys out there, they are all gona tell u to get a tube combo, regardless of the question u ask. its a good amp for the money, i'm getting one

dont listen to this guy. that amp is terrible.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
well, i like the way trivium and lamb of god sound, and children of bodom, if that helps
Quote by El Codyo
There aren't any. Name a good reason for getting a halfstack.They are not any louder than a good combo in that price range, a tube combo would sound better, and be more portable.

uhh because they are better than a combo, at least thats what i heard
i had that halfstack and it sounds horrible. I bought my JCM combo for $625, and 100w all tube cranked is too flippin loud to jam with over like 3 so, and even gigging, just mic it or turn it to 6-7 which is crazy loud.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
crate is a bad option crate makes bad to moderate amps at best, the distortion is terrible, the cleans are ok a tad muddy, and harmonics can not ringout at all, and undertones dont exist, id say look into peavy, marshall, or fender combos, great sound and thats what matters right not looks
Quote by MEGALODON
uhh because they are better than a combo, at least thats what i heard

Theoretically, that is true, because halfstacks project better. In your price range, it's better to have a tube combo that actually sounds decent, than a crappy halfstack that you probably wouldn't want to project because of the bad tone.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by bluehawk15620
what exactly is wrong with it, i no a couple bands that use it and i think they are fine, have u even used one? i'm not saying i don't like tube amps, its just the fact that if i'm goin to spend that much money i'd want a stack instead of a small combo, it sounds like the thread starter is in the same boat....dick...

Stack intead of a small combo? you can get a " small combo" that is louder than a stack. and most combos over 75 watts have a eternal speaker jack. a combo can be as loud as any stack. and a tube combo like a valve king will sound better and be louder than that and most other ss halfstacks. so if you want somthing thats heavy, looks cool, hard to lug around, bulky, and sounds like **** get a halfstack. if you want to look a little less cool, but sound good. get a combo...dick ...
look used, got my stuff aroudn that price
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.