hey.

i have a music project planned for a few weeks time, my m8 has managed to get me a recording studio for me to use. i have a mate who will do drums, another who will do cello for one song, but it looks like i will prob be playing the other things (sax, vocals, keys, guitar and bass).

has anyone done this sort of thing before, like, recording a song/songs with you as an individual, playing all the different parts?

to me it sounds like it might be a bit of a fiasco to record, but my m8 who seems to know a lot about recording, has done it before and said its pretty simple.

any thoughts/advice on how this would be done? just to reassure me . remember that i will have a separate person playing the drums.

many thanx
i need to get a better signature.
I do it often. It's not too bad, just concentrate on one task at a time.
how would i figure out the order of which i record the instruments? im assuming drums first...
i do that for my stuff...its pretty easy

edit: record a click track with a metrenome to your songs

then use that click track to reocrd the drums in tempo...from then on..record in the order you think is necessary
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
well if youve rented a studio, hopefully there not just throwing you in there by yourself.
conventionally, a producer will be there to help you, you just supply the talent.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
yeah sorry i didnt mention. i have a friend whos producing it for me, staying in there with me etc. but im still intrigued as to how it would work, and he doesnt tell me very much.