Im on a Low budget and have been looking for a halfstack for awhile I want to get a FM100 I have the money and I also have a GNX2 for distortion fx I hear its got an incredible clean tone and I got a chance to try it out and thought it was very nice sounding amp. I ran my setup through the one at the store and it sounded GREAT it had a nice tone and everything I ran my Epi les Paul Standard to my GNX2 and to the Pwr AMP in and it had Insane volume and I set it to the JMC2000 setting on my pedal and it had the a very close tone to it I was just wondering if its a reliable amp and if i should get it or look elsewhere
- Gibson Les Paul Heritage Sunburst Standard
- Digitech GNX2 Digital effects pedal
- Fender FM100 Head
- Fender FM412 Cabinet

HELP ME OUT BY GOING TO http://wantajcm2000.tk/
they seem fairly good for a cheap gigging amp. i dont reckon on the GNX2 at all though.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
If you can afford a decent guitar, you're insulting it by buying a crap amp. Go tube!! Look at fender (Hotrod or blues series, or maybe even a twin) marshall (Jcm 800, 900, and 600, which is 60 watt 900) Traynor etc. It's a waste to run a great guitar through a meh amp.

Good luck mate

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

i own the combo version and it works for me, though i wopuld like to get a more expensive amp but its good for the money
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Im just looking for a amp so I can start giggin right away cause all I have is a brand x 25r and its **** I have a SG and a Les Paul which sound great outta whatever there in its just I want something bigger than a 1-10 or it might be a 1-12 but either way
- Fender FM100 Head
- Fender FM412 Cabinet

Quote by Jooe-Staniowski
Im just looking for a amp so I can start giggin right away cause all I have is a brand x 25r and its **** I have a SG and a Les Paul which sound great outta whatever there in its just I want something bigger than a 1-10 or it might be a 1-12 but either way

You're exactly right, in this case.

I can understand people's qualms about playing nice guitars through tube amps (jealous pricks, mostly) but for gigging on a budget running a decent modeler thru a solid state setup is cheap and effective if you have decent distortion.

If its what you can afford then definitely go with it until you can buy something better.. Best to get somethign mediocre to start and work your way up then to devote a bunch of saving, time, and money into something like a tube combo that you might not be 100% satisfied with (compared to that $2000 high gain monster)

Sometimes you have to make alittle sacrifice.. and as long as the FM+GNX is satisfying to you tonally, you should be fine.
Guess this is completely irrelivant now I bought the amp yesterday
- Fender FM100 Head
- Fender FM412 Cabinet

Congrats. I have one and i dislike it. Hopefully you're a little happier with it.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join