Page 1 of 3
I'm looking for a guitar equipped with a trem since my current one is a string thru. I'm looking for one for metal, Slayer, Metallica, Pantera, etc. I had a few in mind and my budget is probably around $1000. I currently own a solid state crate, but I'm hoping to eventually purchase a Mesa Mark IV or dual rectifier. Which one of these, or any others would be best? Thanks

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez S470
Schecter Hellraiser FR
ESP M-1000 Deluxe
ESP LTD KH-602
what Schecter Hellraiser? the C1 FR Hellraiser?
get it
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
The RG gets the job done, but is rather simple. The ESP's and Schecters offer pretty good playability with better options.

Schecters are actually remodeled ESP M/MH's, they both offer EMG's and Floyd's aswell. The quality should be similar aswell. I'd just choose between those two depending on your tastes.

Personally i like the ESP headstock.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
not schecter whatever you do.

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez S470

Either would be perfect!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by Sapple Pass
not schecter whatever you do.

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez S470

Either would be perfect!

Very few finish options with some awfull sounding pickups, compared to some pretty decent looking guitars that sound great stock.

I'm sorry, but in this case Ibanez is ftl

^ Not true.

Sure, the hell raiser has better pickups, but its also 150$ more, AND the neck is uncomfortable,chunky, and its painted so it gets all gunked up and slows you down.

The 1570 Also has better fret access, and a better more comfortable Edge Pro, and to me looks alot better.

1570 FTW
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^^^Yeah but the EMG's are worth more than the $150 dollar difference

and the guy never said he played shred

^ Whether you shred or not, a nice thin neck and good upperfret access most certainly does not hurt...

No, but, playability makes up for it. I would only trade a 200$ ibanez for a 1000$ schecter so i could turn around and sell the schecter.

Besides, hes already got a C-1.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
upper fret access?

this is just as smooth if not better than the RG.

Quote by ClassicAxe
1570 FTW

x22

S470 doesn't win in that price range, the Schecter is (in my opinion) the pinnacle of mediocrity, and KH/M both have twin 81s (!) with an alder body (!) - that's just not the EMG combo that's worth getting.

RG, on the other hand, gives you a superb trem, versatile electronics setup, incredibly comfortable neck, and quite a low price for its quality.

But that's just me. Try them all, and I bet I know which one you'll like the most.

In any case, who said EMGs are better pickups? They're different pickups, and when you get bored of them and decide that you'd like to swap, it'll hurt you to let go of two hundred bucks worth of hardware. If anything, Ibanez' tactic of putting generic pickups in high end guitars is commendable. If I care about my tone enough to buy a $1000 guitar, I'll end up putting my choice of pickups in it anyways, and that most likely won't be a Jazz/JB or 81/85, and DEFINITELY not a 81/81.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i constantly see you (classicaxe) saying ibanez has better access than schecter. As you can see from ^, they have verry little/ almost no heel, and while AANJ have good fret acces it still has a heel.

Also the RG1570 is $750 USD, while the Hellraiser FR is $800 USD.
so it's actually only $50 more

EDIT: i didn't know that pic was for ltd, but the schecters neck heels look like that
Last edited by The 1 at Aug 6, 2006,
Looks wise their about the same, but ive played them both countless times. The 1570 feels better.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by The 1
As you can see from ^

That picture is the LTD, not the Schecter...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
For real, we were comparing the fret access of schecters/ibanez, that picture is of an esp....

And the_1 , i dunno what you smoking but AANJ aint no heal there son.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Schecter C-1's are the same as ESP M/MH's

It's the Chevy frame to the Pontiac, they're practically the same thing.

Schecter Hellraiser, is easily the best. Ibenaz just doesnt cut it anymore for me. There quality has gone down dramatically as they have become the new fender of guitars. Your basically just paying for the name now like you are with fenders or gibsons.
^ And your on crack.

Ibanez is most certainly aint no fender. Ibanez quality if anything has gone up, you need to go back to elementary to expand your non existant guitar knowledge.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Ibanez is turning into Gibson, they've been pinching every penny to save money. That also means using cheaper parts, no variety in finishes, even moving the Prestige factory to Korea.

Quote by cubedeathk
Schecter Hellraiser, is easily the best. Ibanez just doesnt cut it anymore for me. Their quality has gone down dramatically as they have become the new fender of guitars. You're basically just paying for the name now like you are with fenders or gibsons.

Oh come on, admit it, you've never even touched a Prestige RG?

Even their entry level guitars have overally great quality, despite the intentionally low-end hardware. And Japanese Prestiges? You need to smoke something that ought not be smoked to say the quality of those is low.

Edit 1: on the Hellraiser being easily the best.

Edit 2: notice how a Japanese RG is actually cheaper than a Korean Schecter. Oh boy, we're overpaying for the name there...
Last edited by pifty at Aug 6, 2006,
^ That only applies to the S guitars.

Just because ibanez is saving money by making a better trem than previous LISCENSED FR's doenst mean their quality dropped. No variety in finishes? Tell me, what type of varierty does esp/schecter/jackson in fnishes have over ibanez?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I guess if you are a girly man the number of finishes would matter to you, what classicaxe do you like your guitar to match your clothes? And I have played a little on a prestige, but of course I wouldnt want anything but excellence in aguitar that costs $1000+ . The only reason the rg is cheaper is because it is nowhere near as good as an omen 6
Quote by cubedeathk
I guess if you are a girly man the number of finishes would matter to you, what classicaxe do you like your guitar to match your clothes? And I have played a little on a prestige, but of course I wouldnt want anything but excellence in aguitar that costs $1000+ . The only reason the rg is cheaper is because it is nowhere near as good as an omen 6

I'm in touch with my feminine side, and the number of finishes matters to me! However, nobody offers any variety, I guess you missed that point of Classic's post.

And on that Omen comment? If I get hospitalized due to laughing injury, I'm sending the bill your way.
i tried the omen 6 at guitar center and wasnt impressed i went wit a used RG370 from 1998 wit a LO-TRS trem (i know terrible trem) but it beat the omen 6
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by IbanezxXx
i tried the omen 6 at guitar center and wasnt impressed i went wit a used RG370 from 1998 wit a LO-TRS trem (i know terrible trem) but it beat the omen 6

Ha just try using that trem, All its good for is untuning your guitar. The Omen has much better sustain due to the hardtail bridge. Get the Hellraiser.
The fact that ibanez has barely any finishes doesnt mean ohh i cant get a pretty guitar, its the fact that they are too cheap to bother with the effort.

I like schecters. I dont own one yet, but I will in a few weeks. But im gonna get a C-1 classic. And to whoever said that it had pickups that sounded like crap...do you even know what pups are in the schecters?
Quote by Funky P
The fact that ibanez has barely any finishes doesnt mean ohh i cant get a pretty guitar, its the fact that they are too cheap to bother with the effort.

M-1000 comes in one finish.
KH comes in one finish.
Hellraiser comes in two finishes.
Rg1570 comes in two finishes.

Your point?

edit: omg typo!
Quote by pifty
M-1000 comes in one finish.
KH comes in one finish.
Hellraiser comes in two finishes.
Rg1750 comes in two finishes.

Your point?

Well in this case ofcourse it wouldn't apply, but every ibanez comes in no more than 3 finishes, whereas someother companies will have dozens for just one guitar.

^ What company?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I think you're all on crack. They are all good guitars, even the ESP's, they all have good parts and good materials. It's preference Pierce, whichever feels the best in "YOUR" hands, not everyone arguing about which guitars they like better. I own an RG1570, RG570, C-1 FR, and a C-7 Hellraiser, and I think they are all great guitars. They all play great, and depending on my mood, my favorite switches daily.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Funky P
Well in this case ofcourse it wouldn't apply, but every ibanez comes in no more than 3 finishes, whereas someother companies will have dozens for just one guitar.

That's a moot point. Nobody offers a dozen finishes for anything. You can get a standard strat in maybe four and that's what I already call generous. What does other companies have to do with it anyways?

In the end, 1570 still has more selling points than anything else, and it's cheaper. If Ibanez made them in all of the finishes they had for RGs in the late 80s, it would simply be perfect for 90% of applications.
any1 know wat kind of whammy bar the 1570 has, punch in or screw in, i hate screw ins, but if its punch in can it stay in 2 position and not rotate with your movements
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by IbanezxXx
any1 know wat kind of whammy bar the 1570 has, punch in or screw in, i hate screw ins, but if its punch in can it stay in 2 position and not rotate with your movements

Punch-in with tension adjustment washers. You can have it flop around, or you can have it fixed, or anywhere in between. Your choice.
one of the bottom 3 cuz of the EMG's. the top two just have lame stock pickups! well, not totally lame, but you get the idea.
Quote by pifty
Punch-in with tension adjustment washers. You can have it flop around, or you can have it fixed, or anywhere in between. Your choice.

awsome and between the 1570 and the 570FM, which do u prefer, the only difference i read was the flame maple top does it make a big difference?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by IbanezxXx
awsome and between the 1570 and the 570FM, which do u prefer, the only difference i read was the flame maple top does it make a big difference?

I like my 570 because I already have it The maple top on it is pretty much decorative, no significant tone adjustment.

1570 is an evolution of 570. Trem's preference, I like the Edge on 570, but wouldn't mind Edge Pro on 1570.

A couple reasons why 1570 is better:

a) All access neck joint - really does grant you easier access to the top frets

b) Topmounted locking nut - 570's locking nut is mounted on two holes drilled through the neck. 1570 has no thru-drilling, and a thicker neck volute, which definitely gives the neck more reinforcement, and likey results in more sustain (I didn't test that).
Page 1 of 3