If i were going to put 3 emgs in this guitar, what emg would i put in the middle? 81 at bridge and 60 at the neck... what abou teh middle??

I beleave you can put wither a bridge or a neck Pup in the middle.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
ha that will look kool
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
maybe an 85? i dont know. im not very educated on emg's sorry.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You could put a 60 in the neck, an 81 in the middle, and an 85 in the bridge.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
You could put a 60 in the neck, an 81 in the middle, and an 85 in the bridge.

yes i could, but no.
Quote by C.C. Deville
ha that will look kool

thats what i was thinking. next week im getting a new guitar and seriously thinking about doing this
If you're thinking about looks then I have to say that sounds like a massive waste of money. And tone. You're going to seriously regret it if you don't like the pickups. Just think carefully about it, and try out some EMGs if you haven't before. In my experience they tend to be very much a "Love 'em or have-heard-the-competition" brand.
Quote by meh!
I am a fat, cheating bastard and I like men and I'm fat and gay. I'm also a paedo, and I don't really play guitar, I just use UG to pick up preteen boys.
stick an 85 in
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Quote by genocidal
If you're thinking about looks then I have to say that sounds like a massive waste of money. And tone. You're going to seriously regret it if you don't like the pickups. Just think carefully about it, and try out some EMGs if you haven't before. In my experience they tend to be very much a "Love 'em or have-heard-the-competition" brand.

i own 2 sets
If you already have EMG equiped guitars, get some Dimarzio's. Leaves you with more versatility in sound.
Unless, of course, this guitar is a major upgrade from the other ones in quality.
I'd say 85 neck, 81 bridge and 60 in the middle, as I find the middle pickup best for cleans. Also I believe you will want to mod the switch as last time I checked the combonations were bridge, bridge middle, neck.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
actually at the shop one time my uncle brought his guitar in since he owns the place and everything, its a 1977 les paul with 3 pickups anyway just to be gay i took a EMG81 in the bridge, 60 in the middle and 85 in the neck and it was awesome he even liked it, played through a bluesbreaker and was inlove with the tone, then i played through a Triple Recto and WOAH!!!!
put an 89 in the there somewhere so you get the versatility of having a single coil sound if you want
Quote by Danno13
^Other way around, right? 81 is pretty bad in the neck.

Oh yeah, in Mohagany, right, I was thinking of my alder Yamaha. Umm, but the 85/9 in the neck then, as well. But 60 should definatly be in the middle, much like a sound hole on an acoustic guitar, for a most natural tone.
whats the middle humbucker for?? 0.o lol it looks so ugly and also unnecessary....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by sylent
whats the middle humbucker for?? 0.o lol it looks so ugly and also unnecessary....

The middle 'Bucker is for added sexyness and more sounds,
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.