my distortion sounds SOO crappy right now. how can i set my eq to make it sound better. i want a punk type song that is chunky but wont really buzz when it isnt being played. i have a behringer v-ampire and a fender american telecaster.
Member #1 of the "I'm a Christian and Proud of It" Club. PM me to join.
get new pickups. high output ones. get a BOSS DS-2 turbo distortion.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
set your guitar on the bridge pickup and turn up the highs and lows all the way and turn down you mids all the way. Try it out
i'd say
bass: 10
Mids: 4
Highs: 6
Gain: 7.5

otherwise you might wanna look in the "ONLY settings thread", which is where you should have posted in the first place, according to Forum rules.
Quote by fenderguy09
my distortion sounds SOO crappy right now. how can i set my eq to make it sound better. i want a punk type song that is chunky but wont really buzz when it isnt being played. i have a behringer v-ampire and a fender american telecaster.

Well for one youre playing a v-ampire (no offense...its just that its a very buzzy amp). And on top of that youve got single-coil pickups which will make their noise on any amp. The solution for the buzz can be a lot of things...but they all cost money: new pickup (stacked humbucker or noiseless single coil), or a noise suppressor. As far as settings go...find an amp model that you like, crank the distortion/highs/mids and keep the bass at a little above halfway.
for a punk sound he will

single coils are great for punk just turn up the mids like doc said
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
What settings should i use to get close to an overdrive sound without actually getting an overdrive pedal? I have a Peavey Heritage VTX and a Peavey Rotor EXP guitar. I wouldve posted this in the settings only thread but i couldnt find it.