Im looking for something for metal, preferably active EMGs but I might wait ands ee if this eBay guy gets a lefty Hellraiser, but this guitar looks good, and its got USA Seymour Duncan pickups, a JB and a 59. How would those be for metal/hard rock?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-C-1-BLACKJACK-GUITAR-LEFTY-USA-SEYMOUR-DUNCAN_W0QQitemZ130014031573QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33037QQcmdZViewItem

could also get this one, although I dont really like the look of it, it does have active EMGs and is extremely cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-DAMIEN-6-LEFT-HAND-GUITAR-EMG-PICKUPS-BLACK_W0QQitemZ130014148276QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Last edited by AC/zeppelin/DC at Aug 6, 2006,
Well, they would both be fine for metal. But it mostly depends on your amp.

Btw, the Schecter Damien doesnt have active EMGs, they're actually EMG-HZs, which are passive. I havent had much experience with those pickups, but theyre not very popular around here.
Ok, Ive heard great things about the active EMGs...I think Ill just wait until I find something with those...most likely a Hellraiser.
Where do these Schechter guitars come from? I've seriously never seen one before. Are they some kind of new brand? Why do a lot of people think they are so good?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Where do these Schechter guitars come from? I've seriously never seen one before. Are they some kind of new brand? Why do a lot of people think they are so good?

They come from Schecter. They are made in Korea and assembled in the U.S (Supposedly). They are not new, Schecter was founded in 1976 I believe and they were originaly a replacement parts shop. The company changed ownership subsequently and began to manufacture cheap ripoff guitars. The company changed hands again and returned to their original location and started making quality instruments.

People think they are good because they are good. Alot of people are just finding out about them because, unfortunately, Schecter had the forsight to endorse Avenged Sevenfold which lured a bunch of fanboy-esque kids to take a liking to the brand.
No offence thread starter, no accusations made.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...