I have been able to do three string sweeps for a while, and pretty clearly. I am just now getting into these 5 string arpeggio thingers and I am having a bit of trouble getting them to sound clearly at high speed. Is clarity when playing fast something that develops as time goes on with these swept arpeggios, or am I doing something wrong?
Start slow and get use to the motion and practice making it fluid.

Be very slow and make sure the notes are accurate and slowly and gradually move faster.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i suposse it develops with time, i can only do 3 string sweeping(i been doing it for like 10 minutes, don't flame me)
Inquisitor of the zeppelinism church, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of UG's VIVA MEXICO CLUB

Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm a sweet transvestive from transexual Transylvania
clarity does develop over time, but you have to be practicing them slowly. it took me a while to get 5 string app. clear, but eventually i got them. practice really slow starting out, but dont be afraid to play them faster, even if they're not clear. just remember to always go back, and practice them slow enough so that every note is clear and even.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
Quote by kurt_isnot_dead
i suposse it develops with time, i can only do 3 string sweeping(i been doing it for like 10 minutes, don't flame me)

You cannot do three string sweeps efficiently in ten minutes. There is no way it's possible to learn that fast. Sweeps have to go faster then 100 bpm, I hope you know

If you just try to develop clarity while progressing in speed, it's going to go all wrong. Use a metronome and try to hit each app. ten times clearly and move up 1, 2, 3, or even 5 beats per minute if you feel you're up to the task. This way you will develop sweeps with rythm as well as clarity
High as tits