hendrix is a great guitarist, he inspiered baisicly everyone and he is allways heard, but why doesnt fender have a hendrix guitar? they have a john mayor (no offence to him) but why the hell do they not have a hendrix model?
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Member #3 of the Ibanez RG Owners of the World club. PM user rockownsyou to join
Probably because he's not around to make it to his exact likings... but I'm not sure if that's really the reason. Good question.
Hai UG!
They had one. VooDoo strat. modeled after his strat.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
They've had various models out before, dating all the way back to the '80s. And honestly, its not that hard to make your own "Hendrix Signature" Strat.

Just take a lefty (or righty, if your left handed) and turn it around. Possibly add some new pickups, and your set.
Quote by zekk
They had one. VooDoo strat. modeled after his strat.

yup, w/ the hendrix sticker...
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
I don't like the idea of them making a Hendrix Strat or any sig guitar if the person's dead... how the hell would you know if they would actually endorse and like it.
Hai UG!
Guitar center had a limited edition Hendrix V.
Listen to Black Sabbath
Thats why im glad they stopped working on the Jag-stang.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by L_Z_Nut
I don't like the idea of them making a Hendrix Strat or any sig guitar if the person's dead... how the hell would you know if they would actually endorse and like it.

Well SRV was apperently going to release a sig when he died.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The reason there is no current production Hendrix Strat is because Fender and the Hendrix Estate haven't reached an agreement over the financial side of things. If Fender released one without their say-so, the estate would sue the arse off them.
There is an un- offical Hendrix sig: the 68' Strat re issue
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well SRV was apperently going to release a sig when he died.

They finished working on it before he passed, and it continues to be one of Fender's best selling models. And an overall great guitar.