I've got a Vox Valvetronics Ad15Vt amp with a whole bunch of settings on it. It has this setting called UK 70s and it has this really crunchy but not too loud that you can't hear the chord changes guitar sound that I just love, but my question is, do I need a distortion pedal now that I have this? I was thinking if the answer was no, that I'd get a whammy pedal, so I could kinda go for that Tom Morello/Jack White on Elephant sound. But I've been shopping around for one and the cheapest I can find is like $200. I have a Cry Baby Wah and I just love it. I'm a Voodoo Child, lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child.
The overdrive sound on the AdVt serise is pretty good, I only have experience with the Ad50 so it might be different on the Ad15. Don't rely on the other effects (ie, chorus, delay, etc.) if you want a professional sound and tone though. But then again if you only have a 15 watt amp you're probably not playing many gigs hahaha.
Those other effects piss me off. They just sound so cheesy, that's why i'm trying to get pedals. Anyway, does anybody know how much a cheap used whammy pedal could run for?
Quote by gamayshark
Those other effects piss me off. They just sound so cheesy, that's why i'm trying to get pedals. Anyway, does anybody know how much a cheap used whammy pedal could run for?

If you get one for less than 200 then it's considered cheap.