Im looking for some good nylon accoustic strings, does anyone know of ones they have personally tried and liked? Im looking for a nice warm sound, prefferably dark.
There are a few popular brands but each sound good on different guitars. D'Addarios may sound good on a particular guitar and sound dead on another.

Try out La Bella, Savarez, D'Addario, Augustine etc. There's no best string in the world, there's only such a thing as the best strings for YOUR guitar. And how do you find out? Try them out yourself.
Hi!, been playing for quite some time now, closing on 10 years now :P, tried several different brands, and models.
But i feel that theres one brand and model that stands out, the D'Addario Pro arte composites, i personaly prefer the extra hard tension ones, i like the way they feel and if you tune ur gitar down its great because they don't get "sloppy" they stay firm.
Alhambra 3C Acoustic nylon guitar
w\ D'addario Pro Arte Composites Extra hard tension
Walden Natura G639CE
There is no such thing as the best ever nylon strings in the world...most top brands are all good sounding basically...

All you need is a very good keen pair of ears...and when you try or tune you guitar be sure to use just the fingers and pls...dont use picks when tuning your guitar..
LOL shopkeepers know nothing unless they themselves actually play classical guitar.
Quote by imLoUsY
LOL shopkeepers know nothing unless they themselves actually play classical guitar.

Or they've seen like 500 people buy the strings and the most commonly bought is a certain type and he's asked them what strings are good and why?

I'm sure they talk to alot of people that play classical guitar if they own the shop and sell the strings for them.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by feltgrape
Or they've seen like 500 people buy the strings and the most commonly bought is a certain type and he's asked them what strings are good and why?

I'm sure they talk to alot of people that play classical guitar if they own the shop and sell the strings for them.

maybe he's right...
I went with the D'addario pro arte, because, well thats what the shop keep recomended, so after a quick lesson on how to tie them, using a amp cable as a string, and an arm as a bridge i was on my way!
Deluxe American Strat, 3 tone sunburst
Line 6 Spyder III, 75w
If the shop focuses on nylon guitars then you might want to ask them. If they're filled with racks of electric guitars, basses and steel string acoustics, then forget it.
Quote by moviesdude3
I went with the D'addario pro arte, because, well thats what the shop keep recomended, so after a quick lesson on how to tie them, using a amp cable as a string, and an arm as a bridge i was on my way!

wow