Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I've been having problems with my Gibson Les Paul (Standard) and im guessing its the tuners so i think you wil be the most knowlidegable. If i put the guitar into an alternate tuning ( DGDGBE) then but a capo on the 4th fret, the 2 strings i tuned diffrently go out of tune. First i thought it might have been strings so i switched them up ( EXL 110 .09-??(fairly light gauge)) but that still didnt change the problem... anyway any idea what the problem mite be?

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
^^ so does that mean, theyre jsut crappy strings or too low of gauge or...?

Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
It means you need to check the intonation; that is, make sure the strings are of the correct scale length so the notes sound correctly
Hi, I'm Peter
kk thx, dumb question...how? just check the box?

Do a search on this forum on setting intonation. You'll need a tuner or a good ear. Essentially, you want the 12th fret note to match the 12th fret harmonic. If they don't match, you need to adjust the saddle to change the scale length.
Hi, I'm Peter
Thank you so much dirk

That should work. If it doesn't, well, you're better off that you did it anyway (you should check every string), but let us know.
Hi, I'm Peter