a few months ago i bought a used gnx4 off ebay and it seemed to work very well but lately after using it for more the 30 mins it will just randomly restart and then it will do it more and more often. it will go from restarting every thirty minutes to like every 5 until it gets to the point that it just restarts and by the time its completly started up it restarts again and i have to shut it off for a few hours and the whole thing starts again. all i really know about the problem is it seems to be triggered if i wont play for like 30 seconds to look at a tab or something and then when i hit a note again it will restart sometimes also when i press buttons after it sits for like a minute.

so my questions are

1. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with it?
2. where or how can i get it fixed and any idea the cost, i don't think its on warrenty anymore?
3. my uncle knows alot about electronics i would say hes a genius hes really good at buying cameras and ipods of ebay that are broke and fixing them would it be a good idea to have him take a look at it?

sorry for the long post but any help at all would be VERY VERY APPRICIATED
Not sure whats wrong with it, but Digitech has service centers, just look one up on their website.
Quote by saband
a few months ago i bought a used gnx4 off ebay and it seemed to work very well but lately after using it for more the 30 mins it will just randomly restart and then it will do it more and more often. it will go from restarting every thirty minutes to like every 5 until it gets to the point that it just restarts and by the time its completly started up it restarts again and i have to shut it off for a few hours and the whole thing starts again. all i really know about the problem is it seems to be triggered if i wont play for like 30 seconds to look at a tab or something and then when i hit a note again it will restart sometimes also when i press buttons after it sits for like a minute.

so my questions are

1. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with it?
2. where or how can i get it fixed and any idea the cost, i don't think its on warrenty anymore?
3. my uncle knows alot about electronics i would say hes a genius hes really good at buying cameras and ipods of ebay that are broke and fixing them would it be a good idea to have him take a look at it?

sorry for the long post but any help at all would be VERY VERY APPRICIATED

My guitar teacher had that exact same problem with his GNX.

Take it to a music shop and see if there's anything they can do.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music