ok i got a few questions guys, im writing a song, and i need to write a solo now. i want it to be in blues. now i know its supposed to be in key for the most part and i dont know how to figure that out.. i mean i can play pretty well, i just havent learned terms and stuff yet.

so, how would i go about learning blues soloing? i know i need to practice the scale so i can play it fast just post like different blues solo so i can base it off that, guitar pro files would be very nice!

so yea, what should i do to be able to improvise bluesy solos and stuff? pics would be nice. (amp settings for a good blues tone would be nice too, i have line 6 spider II so i can do alot..)

(sorry, this whole thing is random and distorted cause im really tired.)
Listen to alot of blues music. Triplets are great for blues solos. Double stops are too. I could tab out some licks I find myself repeating. In fact, even if you don't want em I'm gonna do that in case I forget.
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
yea that would be great, when i try to improvise blues, i always just use:

12 15
12 15
12 14
12 14
12 14
12 15
That would be the E minor pentatonic, which works, if you're in E. But there are alternatives, namely the blues scale itself.

12 15
12 15
12 14 15
12 14
12 13 14
12 15

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as half of the people on this forum, but what do you expect at 1 am? lol
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
yea lol. its 1 here too. got any blues licks uve wrote? i mostly do:

--------------------------12----14-(high bend/pinch harmonic)--14-----12------------12---14b
-----------12----14--------------------------------------------------------------------14
12--15

etc lol
Last edited by TooKu at Aug 7, 2006,
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bx--14-12-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gx--14-12----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dx------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old standby, too tired to type, look around, look at some blues tabs, the stuff isn't that hard to figure out.
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.