well..im looking for a practice amp with good distortion...im looking for at least 60 watts...i play alot of death/progressive metal...and i really need a "punch you in the mouth" distortion...my price limit is only around $200 too....yea..i know not alot..but can anyone help me out?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
uh, best you could probably manage is a roland cube, but i think the 60 is over $200.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
60 watt for under 200 might be pushing it, you'll have to look around used stores probably
uh why do you need 60 watts for practice? I practice with a 50 watt SS and i have to keep the volume at like 3 to keep from pissing people off.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
well...where i practice is also where i record...and i gotta have a decnet volume to get a decent tone through the mics you know?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
not if you turn the sensitivity down on the interface...
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
yeah you really dont need a lot of volume to record, but anyways i would start looking in pawn shops and stuff, because if you do find a new 60 watt for that cheap chances are it will sound like ****.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by flesh fries
well...where i practice is also where i record...and i gotta have a decnet volume to get a decent tone through the mics you know?

^you only need decent volume if you're milking a tube, so u can crank it to get that tube overdrive sound. with a ss, you don't need to crank because it'll sound like crap after it's cranked.

i record alot so volume for a SS doesn't really matter with recording, so i'd stray away from 60 watt for recording for only 200-300$$.

look at a vox or a cube 30 watt. should be decent enough. if you need more volume at a gig, just mic it into a pa system and u'll be fine.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75