Okay let's say they phased out all the amps in the world, except for two. and they arent really the best of em all. plus they're in the same price bracket.

Peavey transtube 212 EFX
- 100W
- 2 - 12" Blue Marvel speakers
- Effects section displays all effects settings
- 2 channels
- 3 footswitchable presets
- TransTube technology
- Effects include: flanger, delay, octaver, touch wah, reverb, rotating speaker, chorus, phaser, and tremolo
specs and pic :P

Behringer lx1200 - it comes with a 4x12 cab!
Link 1, pic and specs and blah
more!

Oh fine, i'm choosing between the two, please dont tell me to choose neither, cause its not gonna help. thanks in advance :P
to put it simple, I've played ALOT of amps in my life, and that is the worst amp there is, the behringer that is. Go with the peavey.
yea, and look at all the doohickeys on the peavey! thats gotta be worth somethin, right? i mean who cares about the sound when there are all those DOOHICKEYS!
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
yea, and look at all the doohickeys on the peavey! thats gotta be worth somethin, right? i mean who cares about the sound when there are all those DOOHICKEYS!

fyi the behringer has more doohickeys :P

and the thing im looking at in the peavey's that unique distortion it has when i play it.

the behringer has a lot of amp simulations and that means maybe you can grab the tone you want, and thats probably the only reason why i want it.
get the head w/ a 4x12..

if you know your electronics/circuits inside amps, new effects short out really easy. and it can mess your whole amp up and takes a lot of money to fix.

So just stick with the sounds you need, and run all of your effects through pedals.

It may cost a bit more but its worth it in the long run.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
Quote by esp_shredder

if you know your electronics/circuits inside amps, new effects short out really easy. and it can mess your whole amp up and takes a lot of money to fix.

uhh am lost.. is the amp simulation thing part of the effects part? sorry, i dont know much about these stuff :p
Last edited by JohnnySoul at Aug 7, 2006,
ok in reality both amps are crap that transtube technology **** is just a way to say we put tubes in the preamp its a tube amp then amp newbs like yourself are like OMG TOobES!!1 and snatch it up the behringer is absolute crap and the transtube is just a step above an MG.

What kind of Budget do you have and we can help you out with a better choice
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
The 212 as far as I know has been discontinued.
It's 80 watts isn't it?
That's way louder than you need especially for a solid state. And the blue marvel speakers are quite poor.
I wouldn't like to crank it.
It's also $500.
Just buy an AD50VT (or 100) and be done with it. Plenty of effects there.
Epiphone Valve Standard 15 watts of tube power, loud enough for a small gig.
Peavey Classic 30. 30 watts of tube power. Way loud enough. Handles pedals nicely.