Page 1 of 2
Woooo, Velvet Revolver rock, they are sooo amazing, combining GnR ish riffs with a bit of the Seattle sound.
they realy do rock, but what i hate is that their singer is kinda gay and slash doesn't run around the stage anymore

and are they really modern rock?
I dunno when the albums comign out but i thort it was spring next year. It dusnt matter. I agree with can_i_say this is a pointless thread
The music is really good but i just can't stand scot weiland. Not only is he always acting gay and moving funny but his singing is horrible. Fall to pieces the slow song hes good but not on the heavier ones, just spoils all the riffs, drums and good solos from Soul.
Love them! I have contraband and sucker train blues is the shizap
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
new album is planned for release in the spring of next year, they are currently looking for a producer, and have been in talks with Rick Rubin over the possibility of him Producing, nothing is confirmed but apparently he has given them some advice, and told them to write as much material as possible....

but i still theink the name Libertad is a bit gay...

I think VR are great, ive seen them twice live, and theyve not failed to impress, Come on Come in is my favourite track theyve done, i think its awesome
They're pretty good, i bought contraband, and i like it.
Nothing extremely world-changing though.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
sorry about the pointless thread, i just wanted a musical discussion is all
i love velvet revolver, cant wait for the new cd! scott weiland kicks ass too!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!
wow i haven't lsitened to their album in foreverrr. i've seen 'em live twice (met matt ) and they put on a great show. i've not heard anything about the new album but i'll probably get it if/when it's out
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by Merten
they realy do rock, but what i hate is that their singer is kinda gay and slash doesn't run around the stage anymore

Dude....Weiland kicks YOUR ass anyday.
Gear
-Ibanez Soundgear SRX3EXQM1 (yeah, long name)
-Fender Rumble 100

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
I love slash, but to me VR is weird sounding. . .

all the instruments and vocals are around the same octavenessishthingy so its hard to discern between bass/drums/vocals/guitar. . .

does anyone know what i mean. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
I love slash, but to me VR is weird sounding. . .

all the instruments and vocals are around the same octavenessishthingy so its hard to discern between bass/drums/vocals/guitar. . .

does anyone know what i mean. . .

I think I understand what you're trying to say. I don't think that the differentiation of instruments is as hard as differentiating originality in their music though. So many of their songs sound completely the same and that's my biggest pet peeve with them, otherwise I think they're great. And FYI to everyone who hates Scot Weiland he may be a little "flamboyant" at best I suppose but he's still more talented than Axl; he can't even sing!
Quote by jallas
wow i haven't lsitened to their album in foreverrr. i've seen 'em live twice (met matt ) and they put on a great show. i've not heard anything about the new album but i'll probably get it if/when it's out

You met Matt?

*sulks*

Yeah...well...I've seen Idlewild's drummer in nothing but Speedos

Definitely a fan of VR, saw them live in Glasgow, great show.

They sound a lot more like STP than GNR in my opinion, but that's definitely not a bad thing.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I'm still very disapointed with Velvet Revolver. I can't remember I listened to a track from the album, never mind the album in it's entirety. To me they're just your every day rock band you hear on the radio, nothing all that special.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
i love velvet revolver great band, cant wait for the new album
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Thier sound is generic in the first album...I hope they put lots of work in their followup
Quote by Merten

and are they really modern rock?

slash still runs around well he did at cardiff the other year sure not as much but hes ten years older!!
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
although i really liked thier first album , i can't argue that the sound is generic. but i think that has alot to do with the fact that they wrote the songs without Scott Weilend, and on the second album when he has more out put the songs will have more direction.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by P.B.
although i really liked thier first album , i can't argue that the sound is generic. but i think that has alot to do with the fact that they wrote the songs without Scott Weilend, and on the second album when he has more out put the songs will have more direction.

I think I heard scott say that the songs were going to be a lot easier to dance too so not sure what to expect
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Scott also said it was going to be a concept album.

Last week Matt said he had no idea what Scott was going on about.

I don't know if Scott's information is too reliable

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by nakki
Yep, Velvet Revolver rocks.

I've heard that the album is coming this year?

nakki

Nice avatar.

VR has a few good songs but they don't really do it for me. Slash's Snakepit is much better.
VR were awesome when i saw them at newcastle, i love the solo to slither and you got no right is an amazing song that should have been a sngle
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
Quote by telex289
theyre just a generic rock band that makes simple riifs, stupid lyrics, and do generic shows.

you = idiot. Theres nothing simple or generic about any riff slash has written. We aren't talking about 3 power chords here. Slash is known as writing some of the most memorable riffs ever.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by jallas

matt went to the same high school i went to (i graduated last year). just felt i had to share that, lol
Quote by bonchie1
you = idiot. Theres nothing simple or generic about any riff slash has written. We aren't talking about 3 power chords here. Slash is known as writing some of the most memorable riffs ever.

just because some of his riffs are 'some of the most memorable riffs ever' doesnt' mean that they arn't simple, and easy to play.
Quote by P.B.
just because some of his riffs are 'some of the most memorable riffs ever' doesnt' mean that they arn't simple, and easy to play.

Just because they're "simple and easy to play" doesn't mean they're not among the best riffs ever.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
i'm trying to figure out what you are arguing frenchy, you just re-worded what i said.
I have no idea either

Judging by the time I posted (1:51am) I was drunk, and just misread what you said.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
i don't mind velvet revolver - they're sort of a mature sober undrugaffected gnr without that pisspot of a lead singer. good on them for leaving the **** heap of new guns n' roses behind them and getting on with their lives and rockin' out in the process
I gave rock n' roll to you

Anti-thayer
1 thing that i will definatly give them credit for, is that they are doing what they want to do musically, ignoring current trends.
Page 1 of 2