What size strings do you guys use or prefere? I was thinking about switching to 11s for a thicker sound but don't know if I'd have to adjust anything on my guitar cause I don't know how. I have an Ibanez and it's not a trem or anything fancy just regular. If you know if anything would happen please let me know. Thanks.
I use 10s but im getting 9s put on my tele for those 3 tone bends!!
What strings you using now? i think that may affect the neck summat about pressure from the strings im sure on of the more intelligent guys on here will help ya
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com
The most likely effect of increasing string gauge is an increase of tension on the neck which may cause too much relief, essentially it bows you guitar neck. To change this you need to make a truss rod adjustment, of course if you don't know what you're doing get somebody who does to make that adjustment for you and if possible get them to show you what they are doing so should you ever need to you can do it yourself.
if there are 10s on there now u might just notice a slight action increase.
u can probably get the strings closer to the board with a bridge adjustment.

but like said, there's no way to completely count out needing a truss rod adjustment, until u put the strings on and check the bend.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Fender 9's are the best.
Quote by ohio_emokid
then youll get caught and i'll laugh and poop on your head
Quote by SavageNights
Nine

^^^^ I am well known!
Quote by burningcowsrule
My balls are great thanks. Thats a phrase I never thought I'd see myself use...
Quote by Leonheart
You're a strange one 1__3__8.

^^^^ Why yes, yes I am.
yeah i have nines now but just want a little heavier sound, i guess i'll have to take it to the guitar shop
I play 11's, and needed no adjustment on my les paul after switching.

I made the mistake of trying 13's- those beat your fingers up. I could do bends, but after a couple my fingers felt like hamburger meat.
Quote by MySweetFracture
I play 11's, and needed no adjustment on my les paul after switching.

I made the mistake of trying 13's- those beat your fingers up. I could do bends, but after a couple my fingers felt like hamburger meat.

What gauge strings did you have on your Les Paul before?
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
I use .08's, I prefer the fenders but they have not been making them unless you get the ones made for a wammy bar

.08's own

I hate it when people say that .13's are going to give you a "better tone". Let's take SRV for an example... Do you think he would have sounded any different if he didn't use his 14's or whtever he used? After his sound went through all of his pedals and then his amp? String guage make such a small difference on electric guitars... All of the local players I like use .08's or .09's, they are also the players who know what they are talking about
Last edited by shorter_rocker at Aug 9, 2006,
I use 0.09's at the moment, and also use 0.11's. Never actually tried anything heavier, but they do it for me.

If you're into metal or hard rock (I'm guessing that from the guitar you own...) then heavier strings will give you a better sound with (power) chords and such, and also lead playing. I would recommend you go and try the 0.11's. What do you use now?!

3 tone bends?! I can get those on my Strat with 0.10's!!! 0.09's are just easier, 'cause i'm lazy! :P
I do 5 step bends, sometime 6 depending on the note I have to reach to get it in tune - that is the reason I use 8's, but I can do it on 10's if I have to
D-Addario 11's for me. I can get like 3 step bends with them.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

ive got 9 right now i think but i do want a little heavier tone but i don't wanna have to adjust anything cause i don't know how, guess i'll have to learn
DR 9-42's they make 9-46's i think but I like the 9-42's.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!