Hi

I'm kind of new to the forums and to UG community. I tried to find my answer in the other topics and in the huge lesson database, but was overwhelmed and I thought perhaps a more experienced user could point me where to look. Besides, not really sure what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I play an electric guitar, and recently I've started playing some faster solos from Children of Bodom and Iron Maiden. The thing is that almost every time I'm moving to a thinner string, I hear the last string's echoing sound, caused by letting one of my fingers off it.

Anyone have any tips on how to enhance my technique so I can stop this from happening?
Drop your thumb down and move your wrist forward causing you to arch your fingers more. The idea is that your fingers go straight up when they come off the stirngs to stop them pulling the string and causing it to ring out. All the best man.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Drop your thumb down and move your wrist forward causing you to arch your fingers more. The idea is that your fingers go straight up when they come off the stirngs to stop them pulling the string and causing it to ring out. All the best man.

Pretty much, yeah.
Or, some guitarists (don't know who exactly) pay their fingers across the strings when soloing so it silences the others, but it's about taking the time learning how to pull of just right so it doesn't echo the other strings.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
or a much eaiser way is to mute the unwanted strings with your picking hand
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
Or you could follow the A7X lead and whack a wristband accross the nut to kill any open strings. But only people who suck do that.