hey peoples, I am just wondering , what is the best type of paint to use when painting guitar eg are cheaps spray paints adequate enought to do the job? or do i need to go all the way and buy massively expensive paints?
You can paint with nail varnish onto guitars pretty well... It's just embarassing buying nail varnish if you're a guy...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
You can paint with nail varnish onto guitars pretty well... It's just embarassing buying nail varnish if you're a guy...

Nah, just say you're into metalcore, or emocore, or some sort of core...

ANyway, any paint that's ok for use on woods is all cool. The most important thing is the finish/varnish that goes on after the paint.
Quote by slashnmash
Duplicolour car paint works

yeah that's what most ppl use, and like someone said, the finish is more important than the paint, you could use fabric and it would work with the right finish: use this tut to finish your guitar and you can use anything you want to paint it

so here's the tut:
1) spray with four+ coats of laquer, then

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239709
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
umm dude the whole idea is to come up with your own idea, there's literaly infinite number of things you could do to it, specially a strat. seriously man, the best part about repainting is choosing a design, i mean like give us an idea of what you want, and we'll give you suggestions
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
okay i want to paint a v2 body (you know the type, same as the rhandy roads signature, flying v with an extended upper horn) that has never been painted before, possibly in a eddie van halen type paintjob or the same as the alexi laiho signature model? ?