I've been thinking lately about hanging my guitars on the wall to get them off the floor, so I went to guitar center yesterday and bought 2 hangers, the lady said the one's I bought are the best they had, they are suppose to support 200 lbs., has anyone had a bad experience with hanging their guitars, like the hanger ripping out the wall or something like that? That's the only thing I am worried about....
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Well as long as your drill the hanger in to a stud you should have no problems
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
So long as you don't drill them straight into the unsupported sections of a partition wall, you should be fine. The ones that I have on a partition wall have been attached to the wooden support beams inside the wall itself.
Love is not a victory march.
When one comes off the wall, christ, you'll know.

Mine fell off and smacked me in the head.
the one's I bought are called off the wall, they comes with anchors for the screws, the anchors have really big threads on it, it seems like they wouldn't rip out the wall. The directions never said anything about finding a support beam in the wall, I just hung them up, they seem very steerdy, just a little worried because my baby is hanging up on the wall
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Does anyone know if hanging it on the wall would stretch the neck too much?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
stretch the neck to much?
that concept is completely absurd. Hanging it on the has no drastic effect on your guitar and is in factt a space saver; your gutiar store does it, why shouldn't you.
You should make sure you are hanging it on a stud and you will get virtually no problems...
The only thing that can happen is the screws stripping...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
the one which the anchors do not need a stud to hang. they will support the guitar just fine. probably up to 50 pounds, no problem. if you get one that requires a stud to mount, you can hang yourself from those.

i hang TV's as apart of my job, and with 4 lags, that 120 pound TV isnt going anywhere.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
As well as the fact that guitars weigh like 5 pounds at max...
so No problem
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
^alot of guitarists are 16.

I don't care what I'm hanging, I try to find a stud. Alot of stuff doesn't end up on a stud, because I suck at finding them and don't always have patience.
Yea you really do need to hang them on a stud, I have a friend who didn't and it fell was a Squire though so not a terrible lose.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
^^ True, but if you're going to do something do it right. Find a stud.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
just a question, would hanging it on a wall hanger at all affect the set in neck, like start to slowely pull it off its its hanging there all night?
Recordings of me and my band in my profile
no, ive never had a problem, and how the neck is glued, it would be impossible to pull it out via gravity.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!