So, who's going bald here?

I'm not sure because my hair is thicker than anybody in my family and grows real fast but i've got a slight widows peak and my dad is bald, but is scares me.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
No, well my grandfather on my moms side didn't go bald.

I think thats usually how it works.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by CraveUK
Ahahahahahha.

what's so funny?

i think i've got nothing to worry about as my grandad on my mum's side had a full head of hair until he died (when he was 94) but he had a little widows peak too
WHOMP

ive got an uncle that went completely bald in his thirties. but it seems i wont go bald until im in my forties judging by my family.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
I am 16 and I have already developed a rather huge bald spot. But my hair is very long so I keep it in a ponytail and noone can tell. I think I will just get my head shaved, so no one knows
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
once my hair receeds enough I'm going to shave it off.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
Quote by donender
So, who's going bald here?

I'm not sure because my hair is thicker than anybody in my family and grows real fast but i've got a slight widows peak and my dad is bald, but is scares me.

I have really thick hair and no one in my family is bald so I'll be alright.
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
The gene that determines whether you go bald and whatnot comes from the mothers side.

As for me, I am 20 and have a noticeable recession of a hairline at the left and right of my forehead (not center). You know, the horeshoe. I just wear my hair long :P
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
My father still has a full head of hair at sixty... uhh, sixty something. *guilt for not remembering his exact age*

My mothers side is still pretty well going in the hair department, various uncles aren't grey, don't dye and they're in their fifties/sixties.

I ain't all that worried about my hair.

On the other hand, we trade that for lack of longeivity - no close relative of mine since about 1910 has lived older than about 75
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
...I had an attack of alopecia areata about 6 months ago (I'm a girl) I know how scary the prospect of losing your hair is (!!) I had really low self confidence until the hair grew back even though other people couldn't see the bald patch at the time :/

>>(threadstarter) I wouldnt think you're losing your hair =] a lot of guys have a widows peak its just the natural shape of your hairline probably...if you're worried you can get it checked out by a trichologist
Smoking: still more acceptable in public than masturbating!
Niether of my parents are bald, I have think hair.

My chancs of Baldness > your chances of baldness

pwn3d
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Gah I hate going bald. The worst part is, you have no say in it. It has to be family . I'm going to end up shaving it when it recedes enough. Then maybe I'll grow a goatee.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by burning_aura
...I had an attack of alopecia areata about 6 months ago (I'm a girl) I know how scary the prospect of losing your hair is (!!) I had really low self confidence until the hair grew back even though other people couldn't see the bald patch at the time :/

>>(threadstarter) I wouldnt think you're losing your hair =] a lot of guys have a widows peak its just the natural shape of your hairline probably...if you're worried you can get it checked out by a trichologist

Thanks, that's good to know.
WHOMP

I'm going bald at 19...sucks because whenever I insult my buddy he just comes back with the "Atleast I'm not going bald" remark. I figure I'll shave it all off when it gets really noticeable too.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
Quote by Droquen
I'm going bald at 19...sucks because whenever I insult my buddy he just comes back with the "Atleast I'm not going bald" remark. I figure I'll shave it all off when it gets really noticeable too.

I hear you.... Im 19 too and its receding real bad in the front The worst part is I cant get it shaved because I have an ENORMOUS disproportionate brown spot covered head. Its all hiden by the hair now but theyll fall of before I hit 25.... so im kinda screwed
I worry about this alot... people make fun of me, because I'm only 17 and I claim I'm balding. I don't have bald spots or a receeding hair line, but alot of hair does come on when I even just barely touch up there a hair will fall out, or if I grab some and pull lightley 3 or 4 come out, my whole family has plenty of hair, even my granparents had all their hair, it's just I worry about it alot I guess.
i might be but I gotta go check
God, people gotta be so mean!
Don't stop if I fall, and don't look back...Oh baby don't stop, bury me and fade to black.
Quote by cubedeathk
I am 16 and I have already developed a rather huge bald spot. But my hair is very long so I keep it in a ponytail and noone can tell. I think I will just get my head shaved, so no one knows

dont worry they will know, the hairline where no hair to shaved hair can be seen EASILY. so many people have this now, where they shave their entire heads so people can't see that they are bald.. I.E. joe satriani, howie mandel, bruce willis

but if i do go bald, i wish i was black cus most black people who're bald and shave their heads, you can't even see if theyre bald cus their hair colour fits with their skin colour lol
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
I am in the club. I have very little left on top and a good amount on the side. As far as hairstyle goes I do the Jean Luc Picard thing ( star trek captain for those who do not know). Keep is short because if it gets long it looks all strangly and crap and makes the amount of baldness you have more noticable. I though about shaving it all off but the winters here in Montreal can be brutal and I need all the warmth I can get.
I have very long hair and atm its coming out in clumps, it's scaring me shitless!!!

(because I am 18, female, and very very vain)