OK I usually use light or extra light gauge strings
I recently switched to Ernie ball regular gauge
and it has kinda messed my trem up a little
is there some way to adjust it so the bridge sits
flat against the body like it used to?
"You mean that hot dog I just ate was sammy hagar?"
-David Lee Roth
Member of the Van Halen Fan Club, PM CornLord or powerage1984 to join
What guitar and what trem do you have? Normally you need to tighten the srews in the back of your guitar to "lay down" the trem.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
you could fix it easily by adding another spring to the trem block.. the springs can be found at any local guitar shop
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Well, tighten the springs inside the body.

Should be a Phillip's head (+), moderately large, and you'll want to loosen the strings a bit, give each screw a quarter turn clockwise (righty-tighty) and re-tune the instrument. If it's still a problem repeat the process until it isn't.

It can take a little while, but if you have a half hour to devote to it, it's a fairly simple fix.

Tightening while the strings are at tension can cause undo stress to the neck or truss - not good.

Worst case scenario you may find you end up with too much backbow on the neck and the truss will have to be adjusted. That's the same kind of deal - tighten a quarter turn at a time (or even an eighth, depending on your level of patience) and keep tuning, untuning, adjusting, tuning, untunin... until it's right.

Doubt you'll see that with a slight gauge jump, though.

Another option is to downtune. You might experiment with tuning to standard D. I put 12's on my guitar and standard D is all it can handle. They sound great, though!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Ok thanks guys I really appreciate it, Im gonna go try that out n see if it works
If i knew it would have been this much trouble i wouldnt have changed gauges
"You mean that hot dog I just ate was sammy hagar?"
-David Lee Roth
Member of the Van Halen Fan Club, PM CornLord or powerage1984 to join
Quote by EVH4ever
Ok thanks guys I really appreciate it, Im gonna go try that out n see if it works
If i knew it would have been this much trouble i wouldnt have changed gauges

You think tightening a couple of screws is trouble? Man, you've led a sheltered existence.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.