ok so i was thinking of building a telecaster... I'm not really sure when I will do it, but I wanted to get a good idea of it.

The kind of telecaster I'm looking for:
Guitar mostly for Rock, Grunge, Punk but also a bit of metal

Looks and like an American Telecaster HS but sounds a bit more powerful Link

good quality (close or better than American Fenders)
Lightweight (Alder wood, or basswood or Ash if they are lighter)
Stays in Tune (I'm not crazy about it, but stays in tune like American Fenders)
Maple Neck, not vintage finish (like the Telecaster I mentioned above, probably Satin Polyurethane Finish)
22 Frets Medium Jumbo
Humbucker in the neck pickup, and single coil in the bridge (If possible, a humbucker that looks like a single-coil tele neck pickup, like a seymour Duncan STK-T1n)
Blue in color (Lake placid blue, chrome blue, Daphine Blue,)

Is it possible to make it for less than $750 USD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
Last edited by zoltan256 at Aug 7, 2006,
I doubt you'd be able to get any good metal tones with a single coil in the bridge. I'd suggest a humbucker and split it.

You should be able to make it for under $750 if you have all the tools already. Otherwise, I'd recommend getting a pre-made body and neck and then just finishing it yourself.
I'm not that crazy about having a metal sound, so i think I'll stick with a single coil in the bridge... but i think I'll go with a pre-made body and neck.

also i was wondering... is the seymour duncan STK-T1n pickup a humbucker?
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group