A thread for mentioning the best from hardcore innoventive days!

Like gorilla biscuits, minor threat, dead kennedys and maybe even agnostic front? Any others?

Like? Dislike? Perfer hardcores sub genres? Perfer old school to newer stuff? Dislike todays scene?

Never heard of these bands?

www.myspace.com/gorillabiscuits

Listen to the second media player (there's three including the myspace one)

DISCUSSION: The new GB songs. Watcha think? The voice has altered in age and the lyrics seem a little off putting. Apart from that - the music seems fine. I still perfer Start Today. Two of them can be found on the link.
Start Today was my favorite Gorilla Biscuit's release by far. I loved when you didn't even need to screamo in Hardcore. It used to be a lot more fun.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Those new Gorilla Biscuits tracks are pretty sweet, granted for many people they won't ever touch anything off Start Today they're still good. Also is it just me or do they now sound akin to H2O? The vocals mainly but still it's like i'm listening to a newer, yet more mature H2O.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
I kind of got some H2O vibe out of that. That's what I mean by hardcore where you don't have to scream. The very old-stuff and also the new forthcoming of bands like Good Clean Fun, H2O (I know they've been around awhile) and Set Your Goals. I like this new direction into what's sadly almost a new genre of Hardcore.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Gorilla Biscuits is an awesome band and everyone on here should know about the influence these guys have had on the Hardcore scene. New song is quite good too!

Would it be ok if we put Chain of Strength in here? They're old school I guess.
http://www.myspace.com/chaincrew
D.O.A.

And I love Minor threat & Dead Kennedys (though I usually consider them more punk).

I really don't like it though when people use the word hardcore to describe bands like Norma Jean and As I lay dying. They're not hardcore.
Quote by technicolour
D.O.A.

And I love Minor threat & Dead Kennedys (though I usually consider them more punk).

I really don't like it though when people use the word hardcore to describe bands like Norma Jean and As I lay dying. They're not hardcore.

unfortunately, none of those kids will ever learn.

i dont understand why the hardcore section wasnt put in with the punk section, and keep metalcore on its own or with metal. you dont mix hardcore and metalcore.
Hadn't heard the new Gorilla Biscuits stuff until now, but listening to 'knee deep...' there's a part (starting at 1:08) that really reminded me of 'the sound of settling' by DCFC. I know people will probably get annoyed by that, but it does.
The new stuff sounds good though, more along the lines of hardcore that I enjoy.

I heard at the start of the year they were meant to be re-releasing 'Start today', didn't expect new stuff to be released, although a tour only record isn't exactly easy to get ahold of in the UK...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
could someone help me find more hardcore? i recently discovered most of the boston stuff. you know, gang green, the freeze, negative fx, jerry's kids, and i would like to find more of this fast, angry hardcore. i just love it
I got my ticket to see the last stop on the Gorilla Biscuits reunion tour. There playing with Down to Nothing, Murphies Law, and i think Comeback kid, but who cares about them. I just wanted to brag a little.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
Quote by stratstrummer40
Refused will always be my favorite older hardcore band.

This. And the Dead Kennedys. The only current Hardcore band I like as much as either of those is The Blood Brothers.
Quote by scoob666
^Oh, boo fucking boo, Captain Pedantic. For the purposes of this thread and forum, I'm going to disagree with you.

not to be all elitist and their are a lot of generalities in hardcore but this isn't something that you can disagree with and hardcore is hardcore it isn't a genre that you can just lump bands in
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Quote by stratstrummer40
Refused will always be my favorite older hardcore band.

How are Refused older hardcore?

I like 80's hardcore much better than modern hardcore. Nothing can touch Minor Threat, Jerry's Kids, JFA or Battalion of Saints.
I think the last true hardcore band to come out was Aus-Rotten even though they re more anarcho-punk but i still consider them hardcore
My favorite oldies are Gorilla Biscuits, Youth Of Today, Bad Brains, Black Flag.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Yea
I saw GB last saturday
amazing.
Member of the Big Muff Club, PM sonicyouthsaves to join.

Quote by whyvern
I <3 Relient K and Christian Punx!

Up da jesus!!!!
Quote by PenCapChew
Yea
I saw GB last saturday
amazing.

.... ..I could smack you in the face out of jealousy right now...
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by scoob666
^Oh, boo fucking boo, Captain Pedantic. For the purposes of this thread and forum, I'm going to disagree with you.

its not an opinion on whether a band is hardcore or not (well, some situations it can be) but there's definitely no argument here, blood brothers arent a hardcore band.

and gorilla biscuits are coming this tuesday here
To the doods who are jealous

it was sick as ****kkkkkkkkkk

civ put the mic in my face for the end of Cats and Dogs where it goes "...cause Cats and Dogs have, all the luck."

Quote by whyvern

Up da jesus!!!!
Quote by PenCapChew
To the doods who are jealous

it was sick as ****kkkkkkkkkk

civ put the mic in my face for the end of Cats and Dogs where it goes "...cause Cats and Dogs have, all the luck."

I saw them at the Stone Pony in NJ and it was the best show I've ever been to. I got the mic for "Stand Still", "Sitting Around At Home" and "Things We Say". Then, some 350+lb dude decided to stage dive right on top of me and it pushed me back to the middle so I couldn't get it anymore. I did manage to get back to the front for "Start Today" though. Show was so packed, I swear almost every kid at that show knew every word.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Dude thats how mine was. It was so insane. Some ****ing asshole kicked me square in the eye during Comeback Kids set. It sucked haha. But I remember looking behind myself cause i was right int eh frton and saying "holy ****, (looks to the guy next to me) we're gonne die homie."

Quote by whyvern

Up da jesus!!!!
Cro-Mags!! How is it possible no one mentioned it yet?
Best hardcore band ever - And Age of a Quarrell is the best hardcore album I've heard so far and I doubt that nothing will ever beat it.
raised fist and refused-sweden always does it best!
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com