Recently I've been looking around for a new stack. I'm only considering anything all-tube, and not rediculously expensive. I play metal and hardcore, with a bit of blues on the side. I know it might be hard to find an amp that suits metal and blues but all I really want is some really thick sounding low end and some sort of gain boost for solos. As of now I use a Gibson SG Special, with a crybaby and a Boss Turbo Distortion if I need it. In a few months I plan on getting a Jackson SL-3 as well, so I'd want the amp to suit that guitar for the most part.

Anyways I've been considering the Peavy ValveKing 100 head. Anyone have any feedback on it?

In terms of a cabinet I have no idea. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My budget is about $1200 for the head and the cab.

Thanks in advance.
used JCM900 head plus and avatar 412 w/ celestrions (sp?) should be around that.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Do you need a 4x12cab? cause you could always get a 2X12 mesa cab less to lug around and i have a 100watt tube going through it and it's sounds great.
I suggest a Peavey 5150 Halfstack i picked mine up off of ebay for 900 with shipping
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
I suggest a Peavey 5150 Halfstack i picked mine up off of ebay for 900 with shipping

a 5150/6505 won't do blues that well.

If you go used go for a JCM800 or 900 with 1960.

If you are going new check out avatarts like ssguitar said or you could check out a Carvin Legacy cab loaded with V30's. For a head, check B-52 AT-100 or maybe you could save yourself some money and go for the Valveking. The AT will beat the valveking though. You are pretty limited to choices of heads after a cab. There are not really many tube heads under $700 new.

Maybe check out the Carvin V3's too. I have never used them but I have heard that they are very versatile. Not sure of the price though.
^^^ thats why used shops and ebay is his friend!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I'd look into the Ashdown Fallen Angel. It's very good for high-gain metal/hardcore tones, from what I've heard. And its' cheap.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
i paid 1200 for my Peavey JSX and 4x12 ashdown cab. (cab new, JSX used)

the thing will do metal, and blues really well. (put a strat on it, and wow)

i suggest you check it out.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
JCM 900 sounded like a good suggestion to me. And buy an Avatar 4x12 with 2 G12H-30's and 2 Vintage 30's. Place the speakers either so the G12's are both on the bottom or put them in an X-pattern. The G12's will delivered great bottom end while the Vinage 30's specialize in mids and treble. You won't be dissapointed.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail