Page 1 of 2
let's hear it for a remedial radiohead, bad grindcore and a lot of random tempos stuck in a blender.

that stuff sucked
Last edited by mydadisjewish at Aug 7, 2006,
Quote by mydadisjewish
let's here it for a remedial radiohead, bad grindcore and a lot of random tempos stuck in a blender.

that stuff sucked

Jilly sew!

Yeah, I should mention that this is only for fans of RIO music.
Maudlin of the Well are pretty cool, even though I've only heard Leaving You're Body Map. Kayo Dot is more of a post rock band than they are metal. Still good, nonetheless.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Gomorrah
Maudlin of the Well are pretty cool, even though I've only heard Leaving You're Body Map. Kayo Dot is more of a post rock band than they are metal. Still good, nonetheless.

Both of the bands aren't totally metal, but just enough to be posted here.
MotW are ****ing great. i havent heard much Kayo Dot, but if its that similar, i will loveq
I can't get enough of Kayo Dot or Maudlin of the Well, but I haven't been able to get my hands on motW's first album "My Fruit Physcobells..." Have any of you heard it?
Not too metal, but meh, its hard to categorize a band like that.

man that is one weird band. i like!
just listened to "Dont touch Dead An..." and "Wayfarer" and am impressed!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
I dig Kayo Dot. Wayfarer is an amazing song. And Mia isn't too bad to look at either.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
i love these guys mostly motW but they aren't really the same band anymore, Toby's pretty much the only one left from motW that's in Kayo Dot now
Kayo Dot are brilliant. Pretty profound stuff, listening to Dowsing Anemone with Copper Tongue from start to finish is a pretty intense experience. Really abstract, poetic lyrics too.
Whoooo, they're recording new (old) motW songs <3

This year can't get much better!
I need to check out Kayo Dot more.

Maudlin of the Well are decent, but nothing special IMO.

Since RIO was mentioned early in the thread, everyone here needs to check out Univers Zero.
Bath has to be one of my favorite CD's as of right now, so I think they're special . But definitely listen to Choirs Of The Eye by Kayo Dot. I like maudlin of the Well alot more than Kayo Dot but Choirs Of The Eye is still a realllly good CD.
MotW's Leaving Your Body Map is a great album and so is Kayo Dot's Choirs Of The Eye. The new Kayo Dot on the other hand I had to stop listening three songs in because it was so torturous.
Quote by Scourge441
I've had Choirs of the Eye for a while now, but never got around to listening to it.

Man you have to listen to it. It's amazing. Of course everyone will react to it in their own way but that album to me is just so profound. Some really, genuinely beautiful music on there. It takes a while to digest, as each piece is pretty lengthy, but it's well worth it.
I have "Blue Lambency Downward", and I love it.

I still need to get some motW, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Boone666
Whoooo, they're recording new (old) motW songs <3

This year can't get much better!

Actually, it's a re-recording of Blue Ghost and then some new material.
It's gunna be MoTW though!
Should be badass.
Devilishly badass.

Oh yeah, official myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/maudlinofthewell

Heaven and Weak is a song of ultimate win.
Last edited by huevos at Dec 4, 2008,
Anyone ever hear what happened to that new material? I need my motW fix!
New album has been out since May 14. Just download it today and currently listening to it.
Get it here!
http://www.maudlinofthewell.net/downloads.html

It's not as metal as their previous works (which wasn't brutal moshpit muzak to begin with), but it's quite surreal and beautiful. Very well produced and harmonized perfectly. Listen to this with open ears.
Otherwise, you won't hear a damn thing.

Progbass, I've seen some of there live vids, and they (Kayo) just don't seem like a band made for venues. At all.
First Post!

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but I have some news that will probably be very exciting to you guys:

I've been in contact with Toby Driver of maudlin of the Well regarding a vinyl pressing "Part the Second". He is very interested in working with me on this release! It will likely be a double vinyl in a gatefold jacket, two colors. It will be the first release on my new label, Antithetic Records. Would anyone here be interested? Thanks for your feedback!
So, Stained Glass is coming out in a limited release thing on Black Friday. Then it comes out everywhere else January 11th. What the hell is this? I thought it was actually coming out in November. It's already done, so why wait till January? Heh, whatever. From what I've heard about it, it's a better Coyote, so I'm kinda psyched. I liked the idea of Coyote, it was just executed really pretentiously and was for the most part unbearable, save the first and last tracks. IMO, obviously.

But yeah, I like Kayo and maudlin. Toby and Mia make a great partnership.
Pointless post I suppose, but hey
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Stained Glass is wicked. Get it.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
Stained Glass is wicked. Get it.

Oh I intend to, haha. Problem is, I highly doubt anyone near me will ever carry anything by Kayo Dot, much less an EP on black friday. So, Amazon it is!
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Page 1 of 2